PDA

View Full Version : Companies to Make Ice Cream for Dogs

stephen_s
10-11-2006, 10:01 PM
MILWAUKEE (AP) - Ice cream maker Good Humor and pet food producer Pedigree have announced plans to produce ice cream sandwiches for dogs. Many dogs are lactose intolerant and cannot eat ice cream, the companies said.

Pedigree Ice Cream Sandwich Treats for Dogs will be dairy-based and have the same texture as ice cream, but contain only 1 percent lactose.

The treats also will have added protein and no sugar.

The companies plan to sell packages of 24 frozen treats for $3.99.

Good Humor is owned by Green Bay-based Unilever North American Ice Cream, the nation's largest maker of branded ice cream and frozen novelties. The company has nine plants that produce Breyers Ice Cream, Ben & Jerry's, Popsicle, Good Humor, and Klondike products.

Pedigree is the world's best-selling brand of dog food.[/b]

jjjenny
10-12-2006, 10:21 AM
I'm sure my dogs would love it! They eat everything.

deangreenhoe
10-12-2006, 10:31 AM
I think it's a good idea. Now maybe Miss Z will stay out of my Breyer's vanilla bean ice cream. :rolleyes:

Our local dairy queen doesn't even pretend that the kiddie cone is actually ever purchased for small children. They just put a "doggie cup" right up on the menu for 50 cents and they sell a lot of them. I think McDonald's should take a clue and offer the McDoggie burger so everyone doesn't have to pull around and wait for them to make one without pickles, ketchup and mustard.

Yeah, you know who you are! B)

missalf
10-14-2006, 10:02 PM
I buy the four pack of Frosty Paws every week at the grocery store...sounds like the same idea.

No, my dogs aren't spoiled......much!

pezmanffx
10-16-2006, 09:33 AM
My dogs love frosty paws. It great for them on a hot day when they are hanging around the pool with us.

weblet
10-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Yeah, you know who you are![/b]

:o

deangreenhoe
10-16-2006, 12:32 PM
[/quote] :o [quote]

Aha! I knew that was the back of Joey's head in that car that was holding up the whole line. <_<