PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC Weekly Quiz

Ned
10-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Here's this week's MSNBC Weekly Quiz for the Week of October 10, 2006 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15200639/) It's about "scaling the heights of travel."

From the height of 80% last week, and little guessing, it was 40% this week, and guessing on all but two.

deangreenhoe
10-10-2006, 10:48 PM
See, ya never know. After doing miserably last week I did 9/10 this week, guessing wrong on #7.

It pays to live with The Travel Channel playing all day long. B)

tdew
10-11-2006, 06:28 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Oct 10 2006, 11:48 PM) 39292</div>
See, ya never know. After doing miserably last week I did 9/10 this week, guessing wrong on #7.

[/b]

So that's the trick - I thought it was luck.

I did much better this week with a 70 - but only a few of them were ones that I acutally KNEW.

I have to go now and do a search for the Japanese river trip that you stand on!

deangreenhoe
10-11-2006, 06:51 AM
I have to go now and do a search for the Japanese river trip that you stand on!
[/b]

Yeah, I had to guess on the name of the river. I read about it many moons ago when I was in a phase of reading everything I could find about Japan in the library. They are cedar log rafts and everyone jams together real tight so nobody is flung off. I guess you could say it's a uniquely Japanese activity. :)

tdew
10-11-2006, 07:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Oct 11 2006, 07:51 AM) 39306</div>
Yeah, I had to guess on the name of the river. I read about it many moons ago when I was in a phase of reading everything I could find about Japan in the library. They are cedar log rafts and everyone jams together real tight so nobody is flung off. I guess you could say it's a uniquely Japanese activity. :)
[/b]
Finally found a good picture of the trip at
don't look until you've taken the test (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/object/article?f=/gate/archive/2005/05/04/dip.DTL&o=2)

deangreenhoe
10-11-2006, 07:35 AM
Hey, thanks for the pic. That actually looks very cool. I'd try it. :D

Kairho
10-11-2006, 07:39 AM
This is VERY Strange! Yesterday I came across that page but there were only 7 questions! The first 7, and I was pleased to get 100%.

Today there are 3 more on the page (yes, the first 7 are the same). I didn't care to try the new ones in fear of ruining the 100.

jjjenny
10-11-2006, 11:41 AM
I didn't care to try the new ones in fear of ruining the 100.[/b]
Chicken!! I did really good this week. I scored 50%.

[Edited to repair the html code for the quote]

cole75
10-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Again I seem to be a complete nincampoop and am unable to get to the quiz.. maybe this is a sign since I couldn't get last weeks either??

deangreenhoe
10-11-2006, 11:53 AM
Oh, come on, Nicole. Tell the truth. You just don't WANT to take the quiz.

Why not just say "the dog ate it" like you did when you were in school. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cole75
10-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Quit telling on me Deano - Didn't you know that Canadians aren't required to think on Wednesdays!!! It's the law (or at least it's mine)

mercwyn
10-13-2006, 01:33 PM
Much tougher for me, 7 out of 10 and that was with a lot of guessing.

Carchar
10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Oct 10 2006, 11:48 PM) 39292</div>
[/b]

If I lived with the Travel Channel all day long, I'd probably be better at playing poker! And I'd also have gotten better than 50%. I was even in the country of the beehive last March and didn't get it right.

deangreenhoe
10-13-2006, 03:39 PM
If I lived with the Travel Channel all day long, I'd probably be better at playing poker![/b]

Boy, isn't that the truth. They've begun to stray from their formula a bit lately.

I don't have it on all day now that I work from an office in my home. But it played nonstop for years on monitors all around my storefront agency, basically to entertain the customers. The original idea was to have the travel videos/dvds we rented and sold to play on the system but everybody got sick and tired of changing them all the time so we just switched to Travel Channel.

I did watch (well, at least skim) every video and read every travel guidebook title we sold in the retail store, have subscriptions to just about every major travel periodical, and added to the afore mentioned nonstop Travel Channel, I kind of absorbed a lot of obscure travel trivia by osmosis. I should be getting 100% on these stupid things but I think my brain is dying faster than the rest of me. :blink: