PDA

View Full Version : Birds on top

Ned
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
Eagles 38, Cowboys 24, TO 0!

jsamm7769
10-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Ned,

I'm assuming you went to the game yesterday. But i heard on the news last night that everyone behaved themselves at the game, no pumpkin slinging at TO or anything. It was the most beautiful game in recent Eagles history IMO. Did you hear what Andy Reid said after the game? "I'm the happiest chubby guy in Philadelphia right now"

GO BIRDS

Ned
10-09-2006, 02:01 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jsamm7769 @ Oct 9 2006, 01:33 PM) 39128</div>
Ned,

I'm assuming you went to the game yesterday. But i heard on the news last night that everyone behaved themselves at the game, no pumpkin slinging at TO or anything. It was the most beautiful game in recent Eagles history IMO. Did you hear what Andy Reid said after the game? "I'm the happiest chubby guy in Philadelphia right now"

GO BIRDS
[/b]
I was at the game. We sit right behind the opposing team's (Cowboy's) bench. I would say that the crowd was better behaved than expected, but I think that was due to outside factors. Thousands and thousands of "pill bottles" and "pill bottle shakers" were confiscated by security before fans were permitted to enter the stadium. Most signs critical of T.O. and the Cowboys were confiscated before they got into the stadium.
The security around the Cowboys bench was the heaviest I've ever seen.
The security in the lower stands near the bench was three or four times normal.
I think the other reason for the demeanor of the fans was T.O. himself. In the 1st half T.O. never got near a catch.
In the 2nd half he got 2 quick meaningless catches early on, but then had two go through his hands.
He caught one long meaningful pass, but since the replay in the stadium showed one foot in, and one foot out, everyone was caught up in screaming at Andy Reid to "Challenge" the call. After that T.O. caught nothing, had alligator arms on one play and two balls thrown to him were intercepted, one the 102 yard TD return by Shepherd.
Finally we all got caught up in T.O. starting to self destruct when he came to the sidelines after Cowboys' drives came to a halt. He threw his chin strap down, screamed at offensive coaches, screamed at teammates at the bench, and screamed at Bledso. It was vintage T.O. and everyone just sat back and smiled.