PDA

View Full Version : Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11

Ned
09-11-2006, 09:39 AM
So... 45% of Americans blame Bush a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for 9/11. 41% of Americans blame Clinton a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for 9/11. 57% of Americans think the terrorists will find a way to attack us regardless of what the government does.
According to a CNN poll taken between August 30, and September 2, 2006.
Originally posted by CNN - September 11 2006
Poll: More Americans blame Bush for 9/11

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The percentage of Americans who blame the Bush administration for the September 11, 2001, attacks on New York and Washington has risen from almost a third to almost half over the past four years, a CNN poll released Monday found.

Asked whether they blame the Bush administration for the attacks, 45 percent said either a "great deal" or a "moderate amount," up from 32 percent in a June 2002 CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

But the Clinton administration did not get off lightly either. The latest poll, conducted by Opinion Research Corporation for CNN, found that 41 percent of respondents blamed his administration a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for the attacks.

That's only slightly less than the 45 percent who blamed his administration in a poll carried out less than a week after the attacks.

Still, most Americans appear to be fatalistic, with more than half -- 57 percent -- saying they think that terrorists will "always find a way to launch attacks no matter what the U.S. government does..."Go to Poll: More Americans blame... (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/911.poll/index.html) to read the entire article.

jjjenny
09-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Terrorists will always find some way to do harm. Not all of them can be stopped.

mercwyn
09-11-2006, 01:56 PM
I agree that if there is a will and one is willing to die to accomplish the mission, then there is almost always a way. I know that the Secret Service has always maintained that the hardest assassin to stop is the one that is willing to die in the process of killing his target. The only way I know to have complete safety and security is to give up all of our freedoms and live in a country like North Korea.

I believe that there were a number of failures that made 9/11 possible and that there is plently of blame to go around. What concerns me more then who and what did or didn't do what needed to be done to prevent 9/11 is that we have accomplished so little in the 5 years following the attack. Our borders are still porous, port security is still lacking and air freight packages are still rarely checked, we still haven't caught Bin Laden and we have created a training ground for more terrorist then you can shake a stick at.

We are in a generational fight with Islamic fundamentalist terrorist who don't respect the Western Civilization rules about war and life and if we aren't careful we will sink to their level and that would be a terrible thing. Our friends in the Middle East and in the Islamic world are scared that America will cease to be a country ruled by laws and committed to equality for all people and become more like the former Soviet Union. We need to develop a strategy that allows us to win the hearts and minds of the moderate forces in the region, rather then one that pushes them away. This is a fight that cannot be won by force of arms alone and one that it is easy to make more enemies then friends due to the nature of the fight. This is the challenge we face and it is the challenge we must overcome in order to survive as freedom loving people.

REDJIM
09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ned @ Sep 11 2006, 10:39 AM) 36775</div>
So... 45% of Americans blame Bush a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for 9/11. 41% of Americans blame Clinton a "great deal" or a "moderate amount" for 9/11. 57% of Americans think the terrorists will find a way to attack us regardless of what the government does.
Go to Poll: More Americans blame... (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/911.poll/index.html) to read the entire article.
[/b]

Quote me: "We are a more stupid people than I ever imagined!"

clarkef
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ned @ Sep 11 2006, 10:39 AM) 36775</div>
Go to Poll: More Americans blame... (http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/09/11/911.poll/index.html) to read the entire article.
[/b]

This always amuses me. Bush made substantial mistakes after 9/11, most notably invading Iraq without adequate preparations.

But to place any substantial amount of blame of "W" for 9/11 seems foolish at best, considering he was in office for all of 8 months before 9/11. Nearly everyone agees that the planning for 9/11 was in the works for years before 9/11. The only think sillier is believing that Bush orchestrated it.