PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone an Outlook 2003 Expert

jfrenaye
09-06-2006, 09:35 PM
I have some rules set up on an email account to move message after they arrive to a specific folder based on words in the subject line (Mailer Daemon, Delivery Status, Failure, etc).

It seems that the rules do not stick and I need to keep running them to get them to move the messages.

There is another rule that filters it fine but it does not go the second step.

Any suggestions

Ned
09-06-2006, 10:51 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jfrenaye @ Sep 6 2006, 10:35 PM) 36476</div>
I have some rules set up on an email account to move message after they arrive to a specific folder based on words in the subject line (Mailer Daemon, Delivery Status, Failure, etc).

It seems that the rules do not stick and I need to keep running them to get them to move the messages.

There is another rule that filters it fine but it does not go the second step.

Any suggestions
[/b]
Can you be a bit more specific with what you mean the rules do not stick. Do the rules disappear, or do they just not work automatically so that you have run them manually to get them to work.

stephen_s
09-07-2006, 12:02 AM
John,

Make sure you have the latest service pack installed. Also, see if either of these apply to you:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830306/en-us

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/892240/en-us

jfrenaye
09-07-2006, 07:05 AM
Here are the details:

The rules do not run automatically. I am not on a network. I have three email (POP) accounts coming into Outlook.

Rule 1 Takes personal email received through personal account and moves it to a folder I created called JWF Personal. THis one seems to work fine.

Rule 2 Takes another address and routes it similar to above. This seems to work fine as well.

Rule 3. This is for bouncebacks and bad addresses. I aply this rule after message arrives through the specific account (the one I want to monitor) with the trigger words int he subject line (Undeliverable, Delivery Failurre, etc) and on this machine only, move it to a folder called Bouncebacks

Rule 4. THis is the same as #3 except it is for unsubscribes. The trigger words are Unsubscribe, Remove, etc.

The order of these rules is
Bouncebacks
Unsubscribe

What is happening is that the bouncebacks and unsubscribes are coming into the INBOX and then being routed to the mail folder for that account, but I need to manually run the rules and apply it to THAT folder to get the messages to move.

Make sense?

I will do an update and see if the patches help as well. Thanks

stephen_s
09-07-2006, 07:39 AM
Another thing you may want to try, John, is see what happens if you change your BounceBack and Unsubscribe by adding STOP PROCESSING MORE RULES to the end.

Ned
09-07-2006, 07:51 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen_s @ Sep 7 2006, 08:39 AM) 36489</div>
Another thing you may want to try, John, is see what happens if you change your BounceBack and Unsubscribe by adding STOP PROCESSING MORE RULES to the end.
[/b]
I suspect Stephen's suggestion will fix it. It's the way I have my customers setup their rules in Outlook.

jfrenaye
09-07-2006, 09:36 AM
OK I added that to both of those rules. Will see. Thanks