PDA

View Full Version : Travel Guard offers customizable insurance product

Ned
08-23-2006, 06:15 AM
Pricing aside, and I have no idea about how much they're charging ("Travel Guard said it uses multifactor-based pricing that reflects destination, seasonality and seven other factors to set an appropriate premium."), this could be the kind of travel insurance product needed in today's crazy mixed up world.

[I have no interest in Travel Guard, a AIG Travel Services, Inc. company and a member company of American International Group, Inc. or the parent company. I'm also not recommending this product. I'm merely pointing out that a product of this type may be a good idea in a world full of terrorists and other problems affecting travelers in these crazy days of world history.]

Originally posted by Travel Weekly by Nadine Godwin - August 23 2006
Travel Guard offers customizable insurance product

Travel Guard International rolled out a new product, called My Travel Guard, which is designed to let clients select made-to-order versions of travel insurance.

Travel Guard said this plan is the most flexible of any offered in the industry and includes options for medical evacuation to the hospital of the customer's choice; coverage for various adventure travel activities typically excluded from travel insurance policies; terrorism; supplier financial default; flight insurance; stepped-up coverage; or primary coverage for medical care or baggage -- even an "ultimate concierge service," Travel Guard said.

All My Travel Guard plans include the basics: trip cancellation, interruption and delay; emergency medical expenses and evacuation; lost, stolen, damaged or delayed baggage; and 24-hour emergency travel services.

For this product, Travel Guard said it uses multifactor-based pricing that reflects destination, seasonality and seven other factors to set an appropriate premium.

jjjenny
08-23-2006, 09:40 AM
Interesting! I sell a lot of Travel Guard and haven't even heard of this until now.