PDA

View Full Version : iTunes anyone?

jfrenaye
08-12-2006, 11:28 AM
My daughter has a balance on her iTunes account. Can my son sign into her account and download music to his iPod?

I know you cannot download music to someone elses computer--he could not download on her computer and update because it woudl erase all his songs and replace them with hers.

I think this would work.....

John

silver cloud
08-16-2006, 07:37 AM
John,

I would think that as long as he has the log-in id and password that he could.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jfrenaye @ Aug 12 2006, 12:28 PM) 34316</div>
My daughter has a balance on her iTunes account. Can my son sign into her account and download music to his iPod?

I know you cannot download music to someone elses computer--he could not download on her computer and update because it woudl erase all his songs and replace them with hers.

John
[/b]

weblet
08-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Obviously we're all too old.... :P

deangreenhoe
08-16-2006, 03:23 PM
Obviously we're all too old....
[/b]

Yeah, I don't own or subscribe to anything that begins with a small "i." However I have been known to snarf down pancakes at iHop. Does that count? B)

weblet
08-16-2006, 03:30 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Aug 16 2006, 04:23 PM) 34649</div>
Yeah, I don't own or subscribe to anything that begins with a small "i." However I have been known to snarf down pancakes at iHop. Does that count? B)
[/b]

Nope, still too old. Kids I know wouldn't be caught dead going into an iHop (except, of course, if they were *gasp* forced to go by mom/dad/g-parents... Just, like, so not cool...

Anita Dunham-Potter
08-16-2006, 05:02 PM
Hi John,

We're a 4 iPod household and I can tell you from personal experience you cannot swap around iTunes accounts (yet). The iTunes account needs to match up to the iPod being used. What your daughter needs to do is to buy/download the songs your son wants then burn a CD with those songs. Take the CD load it into the computer that's attached to your son's iPod then let iTunes convert and upload the music into his iTunes library. It sounds complicated, but it's pretty easy. Hope this helps!

Best,
Anita

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jfrenaye @ Aug 12 2006, 12:28 PM) 34316</div>

John[/b]

deangreenhoe
08-16-2006, 05:46 PM
I hope that's helpful to John, Anita, because it didn't make a bit of sense to me. You never said where you insert the records. Does it handle both 33s and 45s?

All I have to say about that is that I like the blueberry syrup best at iHop. And the building itself is so "jet-set." B)

Ned
08-16-2006, 07:23 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Aug 16 2006, 06:46 PM) 34659</div>
I hope that's helpful to John, Anita, because it didn't make a bit of sense to me. You never said where you insert the records. Does it handle both 33s and 45s?

All I have to say about that is that I like the blueberry syrup best at iHop. And the building itself is so "jet-set." B)
[/b]
Look Dean, you've got to understand that these things take 78's. I've got a great Danny Kaye 78 of "Deena of the state Carolina, Has anyone heard her?" (It was my father's. He plays it when he visits sometimes because I actually have a turntable which can play a 78. How many people today do you think have ever heard of Danny Kaye. His "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty" is a hippockita, hippockita, hippockita classic. For those not old enough, I'll explain if anyone would like it.

As to John's question, the iPod is like a Palm. It looks at the owner's name when it syncs, so an account can only be used for one iPod, from what my 12 year old neighbor told me. I don't use iTunes myself. I'm not a fan of their user model.

weblet
08-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Yes, Ned, please explain a hippockita, hippockita, hippockita classic. :blink:

But I do know Danny Kaye and 78s... I even had an 8-track at one point.

jjjenny
08-17-2006, 09:12 AM
I remember Danny Kaye and 8 tracks and all that, but, please explain hippockita.

DenaLou
08-17-2006, 09:26 AM
I was named after one of Danny Kaye's daughters........Dena

I, also, would like to know hippockita.

Anita Dunham-Potter
08-17-2006, 10:57 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(deangreenhoe @ Aug 16 2006, 06:46 PM) 34659</div>

[/b]

You are such as smart a$$! LOL :lol: You forgot the 8-Tracks (sp?) Remember those? Hee hee

Best,
Anita

deangreenhoe
08-17-2006, 11:07 AM
You forgot the 8-Tracks [/b]

I haven't upgraded that far yet. I'm waiting for them to perfect the technology. I think it's also best to wait for 8-Track to really catch on because I don't see a lot of titles offered in that format in the record store yet.

You are such as smart a$$! LOL [/b]

Takes one to know one. :lol:

susanliber
08-19-2006, 05:08 PM
I had a 4 track player - did not last too long at all - just before cassettes came out....half the size of 8 tracks !!

tdew
08-20-2006, 01:14 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(susanliber @ Aug 19 2006, 06:08 PM) 34904</div>
I had a 4 track player - did not last too long at all - just before cassettes came out....half the size of 8 tracks !!
[/b]
I missed that one completely!
Think I finally dumped the 8 tracks after they sat for long enough in a cabinet without being used.
Still have all the records, even though I've converted a lot of them to mp3 format.
I don't deal with i-tunes or have an i-pod (have a Creative mp3 player)
Watch out for the services that offer all the music you want for a low monthly fee - you are only renting the music.
As soon as you stop the monthly payments, you no longer have any of the music.
We think it's better to buy the cds and convert them to mp3s.
Then you have a back up if something goes wrong...

Ned
08-20-2006, 07:51 AM
I skipped the 4 track and the 8 track. I didn't like the sound quality of either. I still have my reel to reel tape deck, although I haven't used it in years. I got it in college. It's still works well, but, oh my gosh, it is old.

I have a cassette tape unit, the kind that can self copy, but I don't remember the last time I used it.

I've moved to all CD or MP3 now. My car can play CD's or take music from my MP3 player through the car's stereo system. As of a month ago I replaced all of my cassette tapes with CDs of the same "album." I've replaced most of my LPs with CD's too.

One old technology I still ocassionally use is my turntable for some very old 78's I have. They're irreplacable. My younger son purchased a new device that we're going to try to use to put the 78's on to CD's. We'll see how decent the sound is when "remastered" this way.

silver cloud
08-25-2006, 07:08 AM
I just download them to my computer and then load them onto my MP3...plus then I can burn cd's to share.

But, in the interest of being..ahem...somewhat old - I remember my grandma's 78's and owned 33 1/3, 45's and everything since. :rolleyes:

jfrenaye
08-25-2006, 08:15 AM
ANyone know what this is?

http://www.sleevetown.com/shop/shop_image/.../45insert-t.jpg (http://www.sleevetown.com/shop/shop_image/product/45insert-t.jpg)

stephen_s
08-25-2006, 09:05 AM
I believe that's one of those things you put in the middle of a 45-rpm Record so you can use it on a record player that doesn't have a 45-rpm record adaptor.

weblet
08-25-2006, 09:21 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(stephen_s @ Aug 25 2006, 10:05 AM) 35531</div>
I believe that's one of those things you put in the middle of a 45-rpm Record so you can use it on a record player that doesn't have a 45-rpm record adaptor.
[/b]

What stephen said. One of them 45 adapter thingys.

susanliber
08-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Yes...had many of them....I also had a tall solid one so you could put on a stack of records.

I guess that means are all old..... :P