PDA

View Full Version : Where Is John225?

deangreenhoe
08-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Just a quick announcement to let y'all know that one of our forum leaders, John225, had a heart attack yesterday morning and will be M.I.A. for awhile. I spoke to him last evening from his hospital room and he seems to be stabilized and in good cheer. Well, as cheerful as John gets. B)

If you'd like to send you best wishes, you can send them to my my personal email and I'll make certain they are received by John.

[email protected]

Let's just not tell him I put this under "Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll."

Hey, you try to figure out which available category something like this fits into. :huh:

jfrenaye
08-06-2006, 08:43 AM
OMG so sorry to hear that. Hopefully it was a minor one--as minor as a heart attack can be! Please send my best to him!

AaronK
08-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Yes, please send regards to him.

susanliber
08-06-2006, 09:46 AM
I think he would be amused by your placing it here!!

I wondered why he hadn't emailed me back lately...

All our good wishes for his quick and speedy recovery!!!

deangreenhoe
08-06-2006, 09:57 AM
I think he would be amused by your placing it here!!
[/b]

I just spoke to John...he was. :lol: Actually he thought putting this under "Laugh-In" might have been more appropriate.

He's scheduled for a corrective procedure on Monday as long as he remains stable until then. I'll post updates when available.

John appreciates your kind thoughts. :)

mtp51
08-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Please send John all good thoughts & prayers for a speedy recovery!

Ned
08-06-2006, 11:25 AM
I sent get well wishes to John earlier through Dean. I want to thank Dean for passing along our communications to John. It's a really splendid thing to do.

stephen_s
08-06-2006, 11:31 AM
Please add my best wishes to him.

Kairho
08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Very sorry to hear this ... my personal best wishes to John....225 times over.

tdew
08-06-2006, 01:50 PM
Please add my good wishes for a speedy recovery to the long list already posted.
I know we'll all be looking forward to hearing progress reports.
Terry

jimtbay
08-06-2006, 08:18 PM
Please add my best wishes for a full recovery.

bodega
08-06-2006, 11:04 PM
Please tell John I send good thoughts for a speedy recovery!!

ebrener
08-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Please add my good thoughts too. May he live with health and hapiness to 120.

BYOFT
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
John,

I hope you are feeling better today. Keep your strength up, we need all the travel professionals we can get!

Try to take it easy, in the Big Easy.

summergirl825
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Please tell John that we are all hoping he gets well soon!!

john225
08-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Hi everybody. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

As you probably can tell, I am home, just got here a bit ago. I had a procedure yesterday (Sunday) and what happened is while I was out cutting my grass on Saturday morning, I had a blood clot form in one of my legs, and it broke loose and traveled to my heart, and that caused the MI.

When I got into the ER on Saturday, they pumped me full of blood thinners, like they normally do in these cases, and that disolved the clot and stopped the attack.

The procedure yesterday showed some minor damage to my heart muscle, just addition to what is alread there from previous MI's. The doctor sent me home with a higher dosage of the blood thinners that I have been on for a while, and a higher dosage of an extended release nitro-glycerin to help control the angina pains.

I am under strict orders to let go of all stress in my life (yeah, right!) and to stop doing all the strenous things that I normally enjoy doing, like working out in the yard. That's going to be the hardest part, because I take great joy in working in my yard.

As Deano and Vacationagent can attest, I have issues with my legs, also, and have an appointment with a vascular surgeon to have surgery to correct that, so hopefully the blood clots in the legs will soon be a thing of the past.

Again, thanks very much for all your thoughts!

Kairho
08-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Well, welcome back! Although not pleased to hear of the whole incident, am nonetheless pleased that a solution is imminent.....

Ned
08-07-2006, 10:08 AM
Great to see you again in the Forums.

It's great that you're home again. Hopefully the blood thinners will keep the clots at bay so you won't get another MI. I was on heavy doses of coumadin for a long time myself, and I know the restrictions that come with taking a blood thinner isn't fun.

Thanks for letting us know how you're doing. Our thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you.

deangreenhoe
08-07-2006, 10:14 AM
I am under strict orders to let go of all stress in my life (yeah, right!) [/b]

Then WHAT are you doing here? :lol:

I noticed the person who answered the phone in your hospital room sounded a little confused this morning. I thought perhaps they had just finally switched you to the really good drugs. And changed your name to Myrtle Mae. B)

bodega
08-07-2006, 01:02 PM
I am under strict orders to let go of all stress in my life

When you figure out how to do that, PLEASE let all of us know!!!! It is wonderful to know that you are home :)

mtp51
08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
John,
Rest and relax. Everything else can wait. Glad you're home!!

Happyjournalist
08-07-2006, 02:24 PM
Please give him my best wishes for a full recovery

jjjenny
08-07-2006, 03:17 PM
Hey John, I'm glad you're home again. I didn't look at this forum over the weekend. If I had known awhile back that you enjoy doing lawns, I would have let you come do mine (just a short drive for you). Just kidding!
Take it easy for awhile and let someone else do all the hard labor. Surely you can find something to occupy your time that is less strenuous!

Annette
08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Hey John! Welcome back, we're all so glad that you're doing okay!

My doctor once told me that I needed to learn to relax as a way of alleviating chronic tight muscle pain. Well you don't tell a Type A person to "learn to relax" - yoga, meditation, shiatsu... you name it and I obsessed over trying to learn in it order to relax!

Finally found that not giving a damn sometimes works :)

mercwyn
08-07-2006, 05:22 PM
John,

I hope that whatever bad behavour your were doing to suffer such a blow was worth it! :D

I'm very glad to hear that you are at home and hopefully getting better very quickly.

Michgal
08-08-2006, 01:38 PM
Glad that your doing better and able to rest at home!

My thoughts are with you for a speady recovery!

Jennifer P

Anita Dunham-Potter
08-08-2006, 04:00 PM
Hi John!
Get well soon!!! We miss you on here.

Best,
Anita

ARTraveler
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
John,

Please get well, and just remember - don't sweat the small stuff!

P.S. - it truly is all small stuff!

cole75
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
John,
Glad to see that you are back... take it easy, I wish you a speedy recovery!! Lots of R and R..

Nicole

john225
08-09-2006, 10:40 AM
Thank you all again for all your thoughts. Have been doing a lot of napping, which is getting old. Today was the first day that I got up and didn't immediately want to go back to bed. Feeling pretty good, but am determined this time to take it slow, despite being bored out of my gourd! At least today the roofers are here and I get to take care of 2 petrified puppies with all the banging!

jjjenny
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Hey John!
I'm really glad that you're feeling better and it's good to know that you are taking it easy for awhile.
Keep it up so you can continue to get better.

Ned
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
That's great that you're feeling stronger today. Keep it up.