PDA

View Full Version : Chicago over Labor Day...any suggestions?

silver cloud
07-01-2005, 12:24 PM
Hey there,

I'm heading off to Chicago from Sept. 1-5 to see my sis. She works downtown but lives in Elgin.

Any new sights or fun things going on that week-end that she might not know about??

Mary

fraha
07-16-2005, 01:10 PM
We were in Chicago for the Blues Festival in June and we love it there! Wait until you see Millenium Park.....its really beautiful. And the food in Chicago, wow. I am sure your sister will have some great places to recomend.

Eileen Sellers
07-18-2005, 09:27 AM
Chicago Jazz Festival all weekend at Petrillo Band Shell.

Navy Pier will have a lot going on..

To simplify your search, here is one of my favorite sites for information

http://www.enjoyillinois.com/

You can search the city with you dates, and up will come all the events.

I'm sure you will love Chicago, it is one of Americas best cities. Clean, easy to get around and very friendly.

Enjoy your stay.

silver cloud
07-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Thanks! I've been there 3 times before but it's always fun to see if something new is going on.

We're going to see the new play, Wicked, and she has tons of fun nightclubs planned. Also, Chinatown for dim sum, navy pier, grant park... Yay!

Mary

Originally posted by Eileen Sellers@Jul 18 2005, 09:27 AM
Chicago Jazz Festival all weekend at Petrillo Band Shell.

Navy Pier will have a lot going on..

To simplify your search, here is one of my favorite sites for information

http://www.enjoyillinois.com/

You can search the city with you dates, and up will come all the events.

I'm sure you will love Chicago, it is one of Americas best cities. Clean, easy to get around and very friendly.

Enjoy your stay.

Eileen Sellers
07-19-2005, 10:06 AM
You'll have a blast. I haven't tried this myself, yet...but the water taxi ride from Navy Pier to Union Station (I think) looks like fun. Then you take the trolly back from Union Station to Michigan Ave. there is a stop by the Marriott Hotel. (Free).

It's fun to play tourist at home.