PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

travelwhiz
07-01-2005, 09:59 AM
I wish each and everyone of you a Happy 4th of July.

As the mother of a Marine currently serving in Afghanistan, I would like to ask each of you to stop and remember all of the young men and women that are serving in the armed services on this special day.

Their families and friends and country are so very proud of the work that they do.

Be safe on this holiday weekend.

Proud Mom of Sergeant Watson

jfrenaye
07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Sally--

The same to you and we all should look a little longer at our flag as it passes down each of our main Streets on Monday and remember what it represents--

My thoughts, prayers and thanks are with your son. Be safe!

trvlgirl
07-01-2005, 01:37 PM
Growing up an Amry brat the 4th of July has always been a special holiday for me.

You should be very proud of your son. Tell him thanks for all he is doing.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and your family.

mishka422
07-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Please thank your son on my family's behalf for all he and his buddies are doing for our country. My husband is a former Marine (ok, so there's no such thing as a former Marine!) and he is extremely emotional on all patriotic holidays, they bring back fond memories of his time in the corps. Also, as a naturalized citizen he seems to have even deeper feeling for his adopted homeland than most US born citizens will ever have. In order to truly appreciate all we are offered in this country we really must leave it and live immersed in another culture for a minimum of 1 year. IMHO! :)

Lynn
07-05-2005, 08:23 AM
Tho late the feelings are heartfelt......

Many thanks to all the men and women that serve. A very dear friend of mine is a military man, he has had the worst of jobs this past week. Meeting with family members of the servicemen killed in the helicopter incident in Afghanistan.

Mishka, I agree with you.