PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Insurance?

LadyMac
05-30-2006, 04:08 PM
My mother's day gift to my mother continues to grow in popularity. Now, instead of being just my mom, son and I off to the Bahamas for a long weekend in August, my sister-in-law, her son, her sister and my ex-boyfriend (don't ask ~ NOT my ex-husband) are going with us. ;)

Someone in this group mentioned hurricane insurance for the seven airline tickets and any pre-paid activities we decide to purchase. Does anyone think this is necessary? Advisable? If you think so, do you have any recommendations for a company? I've looked around on the internet but it feels like all I am doing is selecting something at random that I have no knowledge about or experience with.

Many, many thanks.

bodega
05-30-2006, 04:21 PM
Most travel agencies have travel insurance that they can sell to you. As an example, the one we have covers for weather which causes complete cessation of services of your common carier for at least 24 hours.

Kairho
05-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Try your travel agent first. Elsewise, www.insuremytrip.com

travel
05-31-2006, 10:09 AM
You might also try Travel Insurance Services (www.travelinsure.com). This is the company we use for all our travelers. They have a longer pre-existing condition cutoff and they may be the only company still able to insure for terrorism. I hear that they are a little more expensive, but IMO the coverage is better. I don't know if you have to be affiliated with one of their member organizations in order to purchase their insurance.