PDA

View Full Version : A sex theme park

Ned
05-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Earlier this month John Frenaye wrote a column about risqué resorts (http://www.tripso.com/archives/2006/05/hedo.html), destinations like Hedonism Resorts in Jamaica, two SuperClubs properties where the management encourages skinny-dipping, pole dancing, toga parties, big biceps, baby oil, nude volleyball and other general naughtiness.

Now the Travel Channel brings us news of a Pleasure center coming to London lovers (http://travel.discovery.com/news/afp/20060522/pleasure.html).

According to the article, "A sex theme park designed to enhance its visitors' lovemaking skills will open in the heart of London within months, the academy's director announced Wednesday.

"Amora — The Academy of Sex and Relationships" is hoping to seduce up to 600,000 visitors through the doors in its first year once it opens on Sept. 7.

Although the theme park will have no rides, thousands of visitors expected to swing through its seven sectors, including the Pleasure and Orgasm areas.

Instead of "real exhibits," they will be treated to tactile displays of life-sized silicone models designed to stimulate interest in erogenous zones.

The seven million-pound (10.2-million-euro, $13-million) pleasure center in central London's Piccadilly district is out to "separate fact from myth in the world of sex and educate everyone into being better lovers," said Dr. Sarah Brewer, its director of exhibits.

"The more sex we have, the more we want and the less sex we have, the more we want," she said."

So, are you ready to head to Jamaica or London for your hedonistic pleasure? Are you going to be one of the 600K visitors Amora — The Academy of Sex and Relationships expects to walk through their doors? Or maybe you're waiting until Amora opens a branch in your hometown?

Or perhaps you feel like Murphy Brown, who said, "It's not that I don't enjoy it, but it's kind of like a trip to Disneyland. You get so excited about a ride on the Matterhorn, and then when it's over, you realize you wasted all that time in line for a minute and a half upside down and the chance to throw up." (Remember Murphy, the star reporter of the fictious news magazine show called FYI, played by Candice Bergen.)

deangreenhoe
05-28-2006, 11:11 PM
At the risk of sounding like a prude: "yuck." :rolleyes:

I think we spend too much time discussing, disseminating, over-analyzing, selling, bartering, commercializing, exploiting and over emphasizing sex...rather than simply enjoying it as nature (or deity of your choice) intended.

Any subject that is studied too thoroughly and explicitly ceases to become enjoyable. It's the main reason I no longer do trigonometry or logarithms as a hobby. ;)

sardine
05-29-2006, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by deangreenhoe@May 29 2006, 12:11 AM
At the risk of sounding like a prude:* "yuck."* :rolleyes:

I think we spend too much time discussing, disseminating, over-analyzing, selling, bartering, commercializing, exploiting and over emphasizing sex...rather than simply enjoying it as nature (or deity of your choice) intended.

Any subject that is studied too thoroughly and explicitly ceases to become enjoyable.* It's the main reason I no longer do trigonometry or logarithms as a hobby.* ;)

I second the "yuck"! My thoughts exactly!

That kind of crap only leaves people who indulge hungry for more. The next level, after people have become bored with the "current version", should be a real BARF!

travel
05-31-2006, 10:14 AM
I am definitely NOT a prude, and I still say, YUCK!