PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's and Air Tran team up


REDJIM
12-14-2005, 02:48 AM
Wendy's Hamburgers has launched a low key promotion with Air Tran: buy 32, twenty or thirty-two oz. soft drinks and qualify for a one way full fare anywhere Air Tran flies. Buy 64 soft drinks and get a round trip!

Dentist and Gastrointerologist be damned, this seems an easy way to earn a trip...

travelwhiz
12-14-2005, 09:10 AM
How are they keeping up with the purchases? A punch ticket??? :blink: Or do you keep up with your cups.......

REDJIM
12-14-2005, 12:51 PM
Certificates are on the cups--cut and collect.

Jeanie821
12-15-2005, 06:09 AM
BURP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ned
12-15-2005, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by REDJIM@Dec 14 2005, 04:48 AM
Wendy's Hamburgers has launched a low key promotion with Air Tran: buy 32, twenty or thirty-two oz.* soft drinks and qualify for a one way full fare anywhere Air Tran flies. Buy 64 soft drinks and get a round trip!

Dentist and Gastrointerologist be damned, this seems an easy way to earn a trip...
15562

This promotion may be good for Wendy's and maybe even Air Tran, but I don't know about any of us. I think I'll pass. My doc told me to stay out of fast food joints, and he's right, except for salad they just don't have any healthy food.

drwong
12-15-2005, 06:23 PM
The best thing about it is that you don't have to actually drink the sodas. You can buy the cups, asking the clerk to "hold the soda." For around $80 worth of cups, you can get yourself a free round trip ticket.

The local news featured dumpster diving as a new way to collect cups. They showed trashbins at a local Wendy's loaded with discarded cups. Well, perhaps not anymore, after last night's broadcast!

REDJIM
12-16-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by drwong@Dec 15 2005, 07:23 PM
The best thing about it is that you don't have to actually drink the sodas.* You can buy the cups, asking the clerk to "hold the soda."* For around $80 worth of cups, you can get yourself a free round trip ticket.

The local news featured dumpster diving as a new way to collect cups.* They showed trashbins at a local Wendy's loaded with discarded cups.* Well, perhaps not anymore, after last night's broadcast!
15749


What a mental picture that is!

Ned
12-19-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by REDJIM@Dec 16 2005, 09:05 AM
What a mental picture that is!
15780

The depths to which people will drop (deep, deep, deep into the dumpster) to get something for free!

Rather than mental picture, I was thinking of malodorous olfactory perception, or stench if you don't like big words!

Between this and the Polident thread (http://www.tripso.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4184&pid=15887&st=0&#entry15887) it's been a weird morning already here at Tripso.

jfrenaye
12-19-2005, 08:04 AM
There apparently is a blackmarket for these cups n Ebay selling cups for $2/ea--still a bargain. But, Air Tran is keeping tracks of the names of winners because I am pretty sure you cannot win more than once.

I also read a newsbit that somewhere (in Ohio I believe) that there was a stack of cups stolen from a Wendys. Ahh the holidays!

Anecdotally, in college, McDonalds had the little tear apart game pieces--I forget the game, but the prizes were huge sums of cash and a lot of food--French Fries, Big Mac, Chicken Nuggets, Soda, Apple Pie. Of course being the devious college students that we were, my roomate drew short straw and was chosen to date this McDonalds girl--talked he into leaving a carton of these game pieces accidentally outside the back door one night and voila--instant smorgasbord for us. But in a whole carton of thousands of game pieces, the most money we ever won was like $5 and that was only a dozen or so times.

REDJIM
12-19-2005, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by jfrenaye@Dec 19 2005, 09:04 AM
There apparently is a blackmarket for these cups n Ebay selling cups for $2/ea--still a bargain.* But, Air Tran is keeping tracks of the names of winners because I am pretty sure you cannot win more than once.

I also read a newsbit that somewhere (in Ohio I believe) that there was a stack of cups stolen from a Wendys.* Ahh the holidays!

Anecdotally, in college, McDonalds had the little tear apart game pieces--I forget the game, but the prizes were huge sums of cash and a lot of food--French Fries, Big Mac, Chicken Nuggets, Soda, Apple Pie.* Of course being the devious college students that we were, my roomate drew short straw and was chosen to date this McDonalds girl--talked he into leaving a carton of these game pieces accidentally outside the back door one night and voila--instant smorgasbord for us.* But in a whole carton of thousands of game pieces, the most money we ever won was like $5 and that was only a dozen or so times.
15895


Isn't confession good for the soul, John?

Loonbeam
12-28-2005, 02:52 PM
You need to have an AirTran frequent flier membership to redeem the cups, one round trip per account only.

Also, the free trips are subject to redemption availability like frequent flier miles (which is how they are credited). Status of any kind does not count.

Jeanie821
12-28-2005, 03:48 PM
This is similar to a promotion that Kellogg's had last year. If you collected five certificates, you received five hundred American Airlines AAdvantage Miles. The only difference was that the certificates were only on their healthy breakfast items - NutriGrain Waffles, Complete 100% Bran, and so on.

Not too many people would eat cardboard for breakfast...