PDA

View Full Version : Marriott Residence Inn...wow!

silver cloud
12-08-2005, 01:00 PM
Hey all,

Brian and I had an annual dinner to attend and looked for a hotel in Flint, Mi. We're both originally from the Detroit vicinity but didn't have a clue where to stay in Flint.

I looked online and found the Marriott Residence Inn. I highly recommend it!!
If you haven't stayed there previously it's all-suites and has all the comforts of home. I mean ALL the comforts of home. Full kitchen, (dishes, pans, etc.) closets galore, living room, dining area, work desk area, great powder room and bathroom not to mention a nice sized bedroom. The sheets were quality and the bed comfortable.

IF you are in need of somewhere to stay, check this out. I'm VERY glad we did and will always look to the Residence Inn for future stays wherever we go.

Mary

PS: Sound like a walking billboard? Sorry - just impressed!

weblet
12-08-2005, 03:38 PM
Hey Mary!

Any of us agents could have told you Residence Inns are pretty posh! My choice too... :D

AaronK
12-08-2005, 04:10 PM
My only complaint about Residence Inns is that in their 1 bedroom suites, I tend to feel claustrophobic in the bedroom. I don't know why, as I'm normally not claustrophobic, but for some reason there I do.

I usually book a studio if they are available. But agreed, they are very comfortable and I have no problem staying there.

silver cloud
12-09-2005, 07:23 AM
We only had the choice of the one bedroom, and we would have prefered the one with the fireplace - but they were booked. I just loved having the full kitchen and all.

Brian's cousin and wife stopped by and I was able to make a 12-cup pot of coffee and put out some snacks I had brought. It was so comfy!

tdew
12-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by silver cloud@Dec 9 2005, 08:23 AM
Brian's cousin and wife stopped by and I was able to make a 12-cup pot of coffee and put out some snacks I had brought.* It was so comfy!

Mary,

Even better - if you are in a City location without a car and don't know your way around or don't have time to do it yourself, the staff will grocery shop for you!

The only Residence Inn I didn't think was up to the standards was one in Orlando - but that one probably gets heavy use by families with kids.

Terry

missalf
12-09-2005, 04:33 PM
They are my go-to home away from home -- you don't feel like you're in a hotel/motel, plus they are very comfortable! (The fireplace is kind of cool too).

safetymom
12-09-2005, 04:57 PM
I am another fan of Residence Inn.

nightowltom
01-09-2006, 04:53 PM
Couldn't agree more with everyone. Just got back from the road with a ten day stay at a Residence Inn. They are my favorite hotel. I like the studio when it's just me but the one bedroom is superb when I travel with my wife as she can shut the door and go to sleep without me bothering her if I'm up later working on something.

Jason's Storm
01-09-2006, 07:19 PM
It's a marriot owned hotel, why shouldn't it be good. ;)

~JS