PDA

View Full Version : Consumer Traveler is "Black" today.

Ned
01-18-2012, 09:18 AM
You may have noticed that Consumer Traveler, along with many other websites in the US, has gone black today. They are participating in a protest over the proposed legislation in the US Senate, and House of Representatives, SOPA, and PIPA.

Other websites have decided to post statements and editorials about the legislation and requesting citizens contact their Senators and Representative to quash the legislation and write a new law which makes sense, is constitutional, and will actually do what the proposals intended, without stifling creativity and making cash the currency of creative thought and new ideas instead of brain power, without making the Internet vulnerable to even more vicious hacking and identity theft, without opening our bank accounts and credit card accounts to more theft leaving countless Americans with serious legal and financial problems.

You might want to peruse my article on the problem on my blog at www.nslphotographyblog.com, or at other sites like the Electronic Frontier Foundation.

NW CTC
01-19-2012, 12:25 PM
I commend the site for taking part quite unequivocally in the blackout yesterday. I've contacted our Congressmen and hope others did so as well.