PDA

View Full Version : Login Issue?

RobinT
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Over the last couple of weeks, I've been having issues with the forum log in. Whenever I log in, I get the standard "Welcome to the forums RobinT" message, but then the group/topic window re-appears without my login name and without any of my viewing history (new items, items unread, etc.).

When I log in a second time, the forum window reverts to its normal behavior. Has anyone else seen this issue? I'm running IE8 as a browser.

Annette
01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
I'm pretty sure it's the same "updating" issue that people have been having since the last crash. For instance when I read messages it usually doesnt mark them as read for several minutes (sometimes about 20). I have no idea why.

Ned
01-31-2011, 02:24 PM
I have been investigating the problem for the last 3 days, but unfortunately with my Dad in the hospital, my time is not my own at this point. I'm actually making this post while sitting at the foot of his bed in ICU while he's asleep. It appears to be a problem writing information to the cookie, on each member's computer, containing the CT info such as login, and threads read.

I can't give you a definite time for the fix, as while I believe it's a cookie problem, I haven't found the precise problem yet. I do believe if you hit your refresh button when you first login after it brings you to the wrong screen, as if you haven't logged in, you will then get the correct screen.

Just so you know, I'm now getting this same problem too.

tdew
01-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Ned, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's hospitalization. Hope all is well before too long.

TPARick
01-31-2011, 03:57 PM
I have also experienced when I start a new thread, it doesn't show up under the topic heading or in the new threads at the top of the page.
The only way I can find it is on the right hand side of the pages where it just posted. If I go under anything goes it is not listed on the page. Finally it shows up,with no rhyme or reason.

Annette
01-31-2011, 04:34 PM
Ned, so sorry to hear about your dad. As much of a pain as this issue is your family definitely comes first! Please make sure to take care of yourself.

Ned
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Ned, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad's hospitalization. Hope all is well before too long.

Thanks very much Terry.

Ned
01-31-2011, 07:50 PM
Ned, so sorry to hear about your dad. As much of a pain as this issue is your family definitely comes first! Please make sure to take care of yourself.

Thanks very much Annette. I work when he sleeps.

RobinT
02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
Ned,

Sorry to hear about your father. Thanks for taking the time to look into this and post a reply.

Robin

Ned
02-03-2011, 03:48 PM
Thanks Robin. He's doing better now, and out of ICU, into PCU, the next level down.

Ned,

Sorry to hear about your father. Thanks for taking the time to look into this and post a reply.

Robin

mrjjirh
02-08-2011, 04:50 PM
noew threads not posting-then duplicating...

Ned
02-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I'm sorry, but I don't understand. Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

noew threads not posting-then duplicating...

Annette
02-08-2011, 07:11 PM
It's the same delay issue. The posts ARE going through, but it takes a while before the forum updates and the new posts/threads
show. So sometimes when they don't show immediately the poster decides to re-post another time or two resulting in duplicate posts or threads which I then delete.

Ned
02-09-2011, 06:23 AM
I'll do some more investigation and work.

It's the same delay issue. The posts ARE going through, but it takes a while before the forum updates and the new posts/threads
show. So sometimes when they don't show immediately the poster decides to re-post another time or two resulting in duplicate posts or threads which I then delete.