PDA

View Full Version : What ... are there no bargains?

chriselliott
03-12-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm sure Charlie meant to post something here but just hasn't gotten around to it. Meantime, has anyone found any decent bargains out there? Or are they all gone :?:

james968
03-13-2005, 10:39 AM
Its spring break right now. I think all the College kids took the bargains :)

Niteowl00
03-13-2005, 07:18 PM
I am planning on going somewhere south this spring after another winter in Wisconsin. Get those bargains posted!! Please!! :cry:

safetymom
03-15-2005, 09:10 AM
I see Southwest released some great fares. I have never flown them so maybe now is a good time to try them.

jfrenaye
03-15-2005, 09:52 AM
If you are a frequent flier for business you will probably HATE Southwest. However, they are what they are and they are a profitable airline. I suspect that as Southwest continues on it's rampage of slaying the big guys, you will see more and more great fares.

Southwest is not currently impacted by the fuel issues the others are as they have hedged their fuel until the end of 2006 (I believe that is what I was told). They also have a lower salary base, and their maintenance costs are as minimal as possible because they fly the same planes. Of course, they are not flying to the hubs either, so their operating costs are further reduced.

Give them a try safetymom, and as long as you are not holding them to the standard of the Big Six corporate travel you ought to have a great time!

safetymom
03-15-2005, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't fly them for business but this would be a pleasure trip. I have watched Airline so much I feel like I can call these people by their first name.

Not so sure I am going to enjoy standing in line after I would get my A pass for the mad dash to the plane to find seats. But I want to see first hand what everyone that flies them loves about the airline.

stephen_s
03-15-2005, 03:33 PM
I've flown them once. The only thing I don't like is their "cattle call" where you have to get there early if you'd like the choice "A" boarding pass, although I hear they are now thinking about assigning seats.

safetymom
03-15-2005, 04:02 PM
I figure I would have the A pass but will still have to stand in line. I have passed those gates at airports and wondered why everyone was lined up. Guess we will have to wait and see if they start assigning seats.

Cornhusker
03-15-2005, 06:22 PM
If you check in online, you are almost assured of getting an "A" boarding card on Southwest. :D They also still allow 3 checked bags at 70# each. I have never had a very bad experience flying them..they are I think the busiest carrier flying from OMA now. Don't forget to stop by the Omaha steaks booth at Eppley when you leave the Warren Buffett extravaganza in May!

Dianne47
03-25-2005, 09:27 AM
I had never used Priceline until a trip to SE Asia a few months ago. I was able to secure the Shangri-La Hotel in Bangkok for $69 a nite (about $79 after all taxes and fees). I thought this was a tremendous bargain and thoroughly enjoyed the five nites I spent at a 5-star classic Asian hotel. 8)