PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with CT on the mobile phone

Gesualdo
12-01-2010, 10:40 AM
I noticed this on my old Palm Treo, but the slow load time gave me a method to circumvent it. But now that I have a new, much faster smart phone, I can't access these forums from my mobile phone. It allows me to login, but the redirect page I always get upon login sends me back to the login page. Anyone else have this problem - or does anyone even try to access this forum with a smart phone? And why are we still being redirected, lo these many years after the latest rebranding?

Kairho
12-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Try driving up to MA or even RI. Should be better there.

Gesualdo
12-01-2010, 10:53 AM
:confused: (shoop!!!!)

On the other hand, sounds like a good excuse for a vacation.

tdew
12-01-2010, 10:58 AM
:confused: (shoop!!!!)

huh? what's (shoop!!!) ?

Gesualdo
12-01-2010, 11:18 AM
That's the sound of a joke going over my head. :D

tdew
12-01-2010, 11:22 AM
Aha, so all my google searching was for nothing...

On the other hand, look at your title "Trouble with CT on the mobile phone"
and "Try driving up to MA or even RI. Should be better there." makes more sense.

Gesualdo
12-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Watch it. I could go postal on that one. :eek:

Ned
12-01-2010, 11:58 AM
I can get to the forums by starting from consumertraveler.com or consumertraveler.com/forum on my iPhone.

I log in with no trouble.

The redirect page is part of the security system from the software supplier.

I noticed this on my old Palm Treo, but the slow load time gave me a method to circumvent it. But now that I have a new, much faster smart phone, I can't access these forums from my mobile phone. It allows me to login, but the redirect page I always get upon login sends me back to the login page. Anyone else have this problem - or does anyone even try to access this forum with a smart phone? And why are we still being redirected, lo these many years after the latest rebranding?

Gesualdo
12-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Must be a problem native to the Palm, then. I can't get there. At all.

Gesualdo
02-28-2011, 03:27 PM
It turns out that it is not a Palm/WebOS issue. I ran into the same problem on Ubuntu. So it's an OS issue. The redirect does not work on WebOS or Linux. It simply directs you back to the original login screen.