PDA

View Full Version : Just sharing a shot

jfrenaye
10-18-2010, 09:33 AM
Took this yesterday walking out of the Link. Thakns Ned for letting me buy your seats for the game!

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1053081882_s8C9k-L.jpg

Ned
10-18-2010, 01:57 PM
You're welcome. It was a good game. I saw a little of it. For most of the game I was teaching a workshop about wildlife photography.

I didn't realize that view was available. I'm going to have to look for it at the next game. I love the view.

I like the photo, but may I make a few suggestions to improve it, at least if you like my version of it, found below.

I cropped the photo a bit, removing the partial building on the left and the hanging piece of whatever it is. I also trimmed some from the bottom of the photo too to better set off the main buildings in the image.
I altered the curve of the photo as a whole to correct the tonal appearance of the midtones which were too flat, and therefore to close to the highlights. It stopped from seeing the details in the glass of the two Liberty Place towers and the Comcast headquarters.
I created a layer mask of the sky, then inverted it to include the buildings and lower area. I created it for the sky, not the buildings, even though I wanted the buildings because it was much easier to make it for the sky. I then upped the color saturation of the buildings and lower background. I inverted the mask back to the sky and upped its saturation, but not nearly as much as the buildings or it would look fake.
Again using the layer mask of the buildings I upped the contrast a bit to create more architectural line definition to set the bluish toned buildings apart from the sky. I also dropped the brightness of the buildings a bit within the mask for the same reason.
Everything was done with layers so I could reverse it if desired, or easily adjust it. I never make changes like that destructively.

I hope the critique helps.

mrjjirh
10-18-2010, 03:42 PM
and pray tell why you were at a Phillies game yesterday? arent you a baltimore person......

Hey Ned...any other tickets you want to sell.......?

Picture is very nice

jfrenaye
10-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Actually it was an Eagles game. Will be at Game 6 for the Phils.

And I am a transplanted Philadelphian with the Eagles coming in second to my Saints in football.

And I have pretty much given up all hope of seeing a playoff in baseball anywhere near Baltimore or Washington!

jsamm7769
10-18-2010, 03:53 PM
Actually it was an Eagles game. Will be at Game 6 for the Phils.

And I am a transplanted Philadelphian with the Eagles coming in second to my Saints in football.

And I have pretty much given up all hope of seeing a playoff in baseball anywhere near Baltimore or Washington!

John forgot to add to his post, that being the wonderful person he is, he's giving me his Game 6 Phillies tickets. Thanks John. You're the best!!!!

jfrenaye
10-18-2010, 04:40 PM
Still no guarantee of a game 6! But I have a feeling you will see a Yankee Phils series again!

Ned
10-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Guys and gals, let's take the Phils talk to Anything Goes.

And no more Eagles tix to sell. My last Eagles tix for sale are already on the Eagles tix Exchange.