PDA

View Full Version : Updates have commenced

Ned
10-07-2010, 10:29 AM
Last night a number of updates were made to the forum software. This will continue tonight.

Please let me know if you have any new problems using the forums. I want to make sure the new updates at the very least don't cause new problems in the forums and instead improve the forums and their performance.

Thanks.

jfrenaye
10-07-2010, 12:09 PM
What were the updates and what improvements?

tdew
10-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Ned, let us know if there are particular areas that we should be trying out.

Ned
10-07-2010, 01:26 PM
All the updates so far had to do with security and indexing for speed improvements in searches, including looking for new post.

The mechanics of the forums, including posting were not touched.

What were the updates and what improvements?

Ned
10-07-2010, 01:32 PM
There is nothing particularly to try out. I mostly brought this up, because the last time I updated indexing some people had trouble with searches, even new post searches. Even though I test on several computers with multiple browsers after making changes, I can't simulate every combination which members use, hence there may be someone out there with a problem from what I've done.

I'm actually hoping tonight that I can make changes which everyone will notice which will improve the experience here.

I'm really thankful to my fellow administrator Annette, who heads our moderation crew, among her duties. We went over the upcoming changes together and she has excellent insights which have been very very important.

Ned, let us know if there are particular areas that we should be trying out.