PDA

View Full Version : Happy to be Back

Ned
03-16-2010, 01:36 PM
Hi everyone,

Many of you are aware that the entire CT site was down, including the forums, earlier today.

Unfortunately, we were the victim of a phishing/spam situation and our host shut us down until the situation could be rectified.

Fortunately, we were able to get back up quickly.

Thanks for hanging in there with us.

AaronK
03-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Guess I must be too busy then, I didn't even notice....

jfrenaye
03-16-2010, 03:59 PM
me either..

deangreenhoe
03-16-2010, 04:25 PM
I noticed, and there was actually an informational page that popped up letting us know it was the site and not us. Nice touch. :)

Ned
03-16-2010, 04:53 PM
We're trying to add things like that, and run the forums in a highly professional manner. Our administrator Annette, and her moderator staff have always done their jobs here with the utmost professionalism. Everyone here is working to maintain the high standard they've set.

In this case, however, I have to give the kudos to the host Charlie and Chris moved us to several months ago. It was our host's informational page you saw earlier today.

When we take the site down, we are implementing our notification system to do the same thing. I'm also trying to give advance warning, whenever possible, when the site will be unavailable, through the announcement manager.

*I'd like to note something important about the announcement manager.

Each administrator has the CT announcement manager available for their use. Through it, an administrator can place an announcement in any individual forum, or in all forums at once, without actually going into any forums, but staying solely within the manager. So if anyone sees an announcement from an administrator in any forum, it doesn't mean they've actually been in that particular forum.

I know that I never enter any forums when making an announcement. Using the manager is much better.

I noticed, and there was actually an informational page that popped up letting us know it was the site and not us. Nice touch. :)

bodega
03-16-2010, 06:56 PM
I got this, too, which threw me at first, but I liked it.