PDA

View Full Version : Buh Bye Sarah Palin

mtp51
07-03-2009, 03:03 PM
Good for Alaska. She's got something up her sleeve but that dog won't hunt.

deangreenhoe
07-03-2009, 03:36 PM
I'm confused. What does this story have to do with Michael Jackson?

The story appeared awhile ago on my local TV station news web page. Only one person has made a comment.

i would so b*** this chick

She has at least one fan in West Michigan.

Ned
07-03-2009, 04:04 PM
...She has at least one fan in West Michigan.

That just goes to show that there are non-thinkers (IMHO) everywhere.

John225
07-03-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmmm, wonder if somebody got something on her. Why else wouldn't she stay on 1 more year and complete her term?

Loonbeam
07-03-2009, 04:29 PM
Regardless of what you think of her politics, that had to be one of the worst speeches I have ever seen..

vacationagent
07-04-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm confused. What does this story have to do with Michael Jackson?

Too funny! :D
LoonbeamRegardless of what you think of her politics, that had to be one of the worst speeches I have ever seen..
Loonbeam - I agree. Poor thing. :(

JOFTAA
07-05-2009, 06:53 AM
Oh, NO!

Who is going to keep an eye on Russia for us now?

roteague
07-05-2009, 10:53 AM
I had no problem with her speech.

Loonbeam
07-05-2009, 02:36 PM
Really? You are a high profile politician who is not only not running again, but ostensibly have hopes of higher office. Instead of having your speechwriters put together something formal to give yourself a solid platform, you instead conduct a speech that your own party's leaders describe as rambling. You also choose to do it on a throwaway news day, instead of showcasing your speaking skills. Instead of at the Governor's mansion, you do it at your house, with approximately 15 people in attendance, and odd waterfowl noises.

I'm sorry, but that was a completely unprofessional fiasco, regardless of your prior opinion of her...

I had no problem with her speech.

Gesualdo
07-05-2009, 07:53 PM
Hmmm, wonder if somebody got something on her. Why else wouldn't she stay on 1 more year and complete her term?

Since she wasn't planning to run for another term, she did mention the lame duck effect, but frankly I think "lame excuse" sounds more appropriate. If she plans to run for a higher office, she's not going about it in the right way. Her strategy is backwards.

Linder
07-09-2009, 03:18 PM
The way this came about, my first thought was that there was another scandal about to break and that she doesn't want to be in the way when it happens. But I don't think she is that good of an actress.

bodega
07-09-2009, 04:36 PM
So what is the local talk about her Linders?

Linder
07-09-2009, 07:04 PM
So what is the local talk about her Linders?

I really haven't heard a whole lot of talk about it!

This weekend we had our big July 4th celebration here, and I was doing ambulance runs all weekend, so didn't even have a minute to watch the news. I saw that she had a reporter follow her when she was at their fish camp, and that's where I lived for three years - in Dillingham.

pezmanffx
07-09-2009, 08:08 PM
She just reminds me of someone who sniffed the Sterno one too many times before putting it under the fondue pot.