PDA

View Full Version : Chages coming soon - TSA

tdew
05-26-2009, 06:30 AM
Checkpoint Changes to Improve Security and Calm Process
One of the biggest complaints TSA receives comes from the thousands of people inconvenienced on a daily basis because they have a name similar to someone on a watch list. These passengers always have to go to the ticket counter and can never print their boarding pass from a home computer or airline kiosk. Until TSA's Secure Flight program comes into effect in early 2009, the airlines have the responsibility of matching names on flight manifests to watch lists. To eliminate the false positives and reduce the inconvenience to passengers, the Department of Homeland Security is now providing airlines with more flexibility to enable passengers to check in remotely.

http://www.tsa.gov/press/happenings/checkpoint_reduce_hassle.shtm

bodega
05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
There seems to be quite a bit of confusion on our side of this on when this is to be started. Sort of like the passport situation. Some TO's are requiring it, but the airlines where not requiring it as of last week to run a ticket.

mercwyn
05-26-2009, 12:27 PM
There is a lot of confusion about this given that the TSA can't even agree with itself as to what is required and when it is going to be required. We have been wrestling with this since Feb. and each month TSA sends out a new update and the requirements or the dates or something else will have changed.

The online booking tools, such as Resx, Clickbook, GetThere are all behind the curve on this entire process and have only recently made it so that people can add their full name and date of birth. They still haven't figured out how to transmit that data to the GDS.

And the real joy will come from corporate travelers names no longer matching their frequent flyer accounts. No name match, no miles. We started telling our clients in Feb. to start making certain that their names on their ID match up with their profile and frequent flyer numbers. The other fun one is the guy who uses his driver's license for his domestic check in and his passport for his international and the names don't match.

It should prove to be a long painful, process to get everything sorted out.

Happyjournalist
05-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I do the same. Drivers license for domestic and passport for international travel. Different names? Yes. My country do not allow name changes for marriage so I keep my maiden name on my passport, and my married name on my drivers license and "green" card. No need to carry my passport when I travel domestic ;-)

And wait... I will become a citizen next year, and at that time I will change my last name again, to a different one, but this time, I will get an American passport and everything will be just in one name.

Now if you want to help me... I am looking for a last name with Italian roots. So far my maiden and married last names are equally painful to pronounce for any american. ;-)

HJ

The other fun one is the guy who uses his driver's license for his domestic check in and his passport for his international and the names don't match.

It should prove to be a long painful, process to get everything sorted out.