PDA

View Full Version : Friendly Flamingoes?

tdew
02-01-2009, 06:24 AM
<OBJECT height=395 width=500>
&ampnbsp
<embed width="500" height="395" flashvars="&file=http://content.myfamily.com/Handler.ashx/cos=514/cosarray=MFLIVE/foe=2051/force=True/guidstring=61090d85-c4ca-4d64-b881-58175f4043de/x=550/y=550/zoom=proportionalnoupsize" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.myfamily.com/flash/mediaplayer.swf"></embed></OBJECT>

PS You'd think someone could afford to buy the poor girl a new pair of pants, instead of wasting it on flamingo food...

Ned
02-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm guessing that's style self inflicted.

RGoltsch
02-01-2009, 10:13 AM
PS You'd think someone could afford to buy the poor girl a new pair of pants, instead of wasting it on flamingo food...

You obviously do not have a teenage daughter.....we pay extra for the pants with the strategic holes in them for my Little One

tdew
02-01-2009, 10:44 AM
You obviously do not have a teenage daughter.....we pay extra for the pants with the strategic holes in them for my Little One

She's my grand daughter, but it's still not a look I appreciate.
At least she has inherited a bit of DIY talent and makes the holes herself.

I just figure it will pass and there are bigger battles to engage in.

pezmanffx
02-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Now if my nephews could just pull up their pants.

tdew
02-01-2009, 12:33 PM
That's just the craziest fashion!
I watch some of the kids trying to walk around and just have to laugh. Forget about them actually doing something requiring swift movements.

I know every age group has its strange fashions, but I guess it just gets harder to out-do what's already been done.

The reason I posted that video clip was because the flamingo behavior was so strange. We've been going to this small nature park for (YIKES!) almost 50 years now. We've never seen the flamingoes this close and don't remember ever feeding them before. It's really kind of odd when they can walk up and look you in the eye.

Another reason for posting was that I wanted to try embedding a video from a private site to see how that feature was working.

deangreenhoe
02-01-2009, 12:43 PM

My nephew went through that phase, with the tops of his boxers showing above the waist of his jeans. My brother and I frequently took advantage of the opportunity to illustrate to him that it is possible to give someone a wedgie with boxers that is every bit as effective as with briefs.

pezmanffx
02-01-2009, 01:44 PM
They are 17, 19, 22. You would think they would outgrow it by now. So when do they start actually acting like adults?

bodega
02-01-2009, 07:10 PM
They are 17, 19, 22. You would think they would outgrow it by now. So when do they start actually acting like adults?
About age 31.

RGoltsch
02-02-2009, 05:32 AM

I'm 42 and my mom still keeps asking that question

deangreenhoe
02-02-2009, 07:28 AM

I know I'm personally still waiting.

AFA the pants thing, my nephew is 17 - it took getting a steady girlfriend that said, "hey, dude, pull up your pants!" to get him to cut it out. :rolleyes:

pezmanffx
02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
The 19 yo is in his first year of college to become a highschool science teacher. I'm thinking that if he actually gets a job, you won't be able to tell him from the students. The soon to be teacher is on the left and the 17yo is in the middle.

Ned
02-02-2009, 08:31 AM
Thank G-d for those intelligent, fashion conscious women.

AFA the pants thing, my nephew is 17 - it took getting a steady girlfriend that said, "hey, dude, pull up your pants!" to get him to cut it out. :rolleyes:

weblet
02-02-2009, 09:05 AM

I've asked multiple female types in that age group whether they like that look. The unanimous answer is "NO".

Do I then conclude that all the guys are gay?

deangreenhoe
02-02-2009, 09:48 AM
I've asked multiple female types in that age group whether they like that look. The unanimous answer is "NO".

Do I then conclude that all the guys are gay?

What most don't realize is that the origin of wearing your pants that way is a prison signal that you are available as a "receiver." I told that to my nephew and he didn't believe me.

"Google it, dude." :cool:

(In his defense, one of my favorite pastimes is telling him weird crap just to blow his mind. LOL.)

weblet
02-02-2009, 10:24 AM
What most don't realize is that the origin of wearing your pants that way is a prison signal that you are available as a "receiver." I told that to my nephew and he didn't believe me.

(In his defense, one of my favorite pastimes is telling him weird crap just to blow his mind. LOL.)
OMG! Just WAIT until I spread THAT around the high school!!! :eek:

What's the Google search term?

NW CTC
02-02-2009, 12:05 PM

Now that ought to trigger a lightning fast fashion improvement among young males - finally. It seems as though the more stupid the look, the longer it remains fashionable and this one seems to have gone on forever!

deangreenhoe
02-02-2009, 12:15 PM

Snopes says it's false here (http://www.snopes.com/risque/homosex/sagging.asp).

Of course, the reverse legend is so widely believed now that most people who don't investigate are going to accept it as signaling so what's the dif? The truth is in the perceived message, not necessarily the historical facts, in popular culture. I've read it a number of places stated as fact (also stated on television talk and news magazine shows) so what Snopes claims is irrelevant to "truthiness."

weblet
02-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Ahhhh, well....

(I think I'll do it anyway... ;))

deangreenhoe
02-02-2009, 12:45 PM
Ahhhh, well....

(I think I'll do it anyway... ;))

Like I'm going to tell my nephew any different? Bwahahaha.

As I said, the notion is so universally accepted you may as well perpetuate it some more.

pezmanffx
02-02-2009, 05:25 PM

So much to say, so little time but it gives me ideas to torment them. So what about the long hair? I need ammo.