PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure how to title this..

Loonbeam
01-19-2009, 09:43 AM
This is a link to a CNN report. The Israeli anchor is on air, talking to his friend, a well known doctor from Gaza. The doctor has just apparently lost his daughters in a rocket attack..

It's pretty compelling viewing, especially if you speak a little Hebrew and can get the details..

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2009/01/17/robertson.israel.shocking.news.cnn

Ned
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
He is indeed well known and is much trusted. His medical degree is from Israel. Apparently a tank or mortar shell destroyed part of his home and killed 3 of his daughters and injured 2 more, and others.

I don't know if it will be, but this man and his family are so well loved by so many Israelis that his personal story, which has been headline news across Israel, might help make a real break through for peace.

mercwyn
01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
He is indeed well known and is much trusted. His medical degree is from Israel. Apparently a tank or mortar shell destroyed part of his home and killed 3 of his daughters and injured 2 more, and others.

I don't know if it will be, but this man and his family are so well loved by so many Israelis that his personal story, which has been headline news across Israel, might help make a real break through for peace.

We can only pray that it does so. Something needs to break the cycle of violence, just like the bombing in Armagh did so in Northern Ireland, perhaps these tragic deaths will not have been in vain.

Loonbeam
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
I have to wonder if it had anything to do with the ceasefire...