PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Tripso

wrp96
11-21-2008, 01:11 PM
Anyone else getting this message when they try to access Tripso:

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota
Please contact this site's webmaster.
Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here (javascript:history.go(-1)) to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:

Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
Your account has consumed too much memory.
Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.
The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.

jfrenaye
11-21-2008, 01:20 PM
Nope have not seen that one. Is it on Tripso or Talking Travelers?

wrp96
11-21-2008, 01:50 PM
Tripso. I'm not getting the message anymore so it must've been corrected.

Fireman
11-21-2008, 02:44 PM
I got it several times the other day. Haven't seen it since.

No problem when going directly to "Talking Travelers".

DM

bodega
11-21-2008, 03:09 PM
I also encountered it earlie this week, several times in fact. However, I haven't had an issue for the last couple of days.

jfrenaye
11-21-2008, 03:17 PM
I believe that Tripso changed servers recently

Ned
11-21-2008, 03:21 PM
Tripso has indeed changed servers. We did it about a week ago if my memory is serving me correctly, but I'm pretty tired so maybe it wasn't quite then, but it was about then.

It could be that the settings on the server need some tweaking, but I'm on their a lot as a writer and I haven't run into that so far.

I'll send Chris Elliott an email alerting him to the problem in a couple of minutes.

jfrenaye
01-06-2009, 07:11 AM
Got the same message for the past 30 minutes or so

This Account Has Exceeded Its CPU Quota

Please contact this site's webmaster.

Wait a few minutes and use your browser's "Back" button or click here to try again.

If you are the webmaster, your account may have gotten this error for one or more of the following reasons:

* Your account has used more than its share of the cpu in the past 60 second sliding window.
* Your account has too many concurrent processes running simultanously.
* Your account has consumed too much memory.
* Your site was recently very busy trying to run inefficient scripts.

The solution would be to optimize your applications to use less CPU.
Adding appropriate indeces to your SQL tables can often help reduce CPU.
Using static .html documents instead of painful .php scripts will practically eliminate CPU usage.

Ned
01-06-2009, 10:22 AM
John this is the same message that I've gotten on and off. In addition, many might not know it but the entire site was down for a while after 1am the night before last.

Chris is definitely attempting to address the problem.

Gesualdo
01-07-2009, 01:26 PM
I was getting that message earlier today.

Ned
01-07-2009, 03:09 PM
G., I've been getting the message myself for the last several days.

While it's of little comfort for those trying to read our articles, I can tell you we are aware of this continuing problem, which has been going on since the migration to our new server, and are addressing the problem.

The solution has, as you can tell, elusive, but Chris tells me we are persevering.

jfrenaye
01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Ned you are busted...Chris and Charlie are skiing for a few weeks---haven't you seen the daily videos from the slopes!

Ned
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
They may be skiing, but Chris is certainly in contact. We've been talking via email.

Ned you are busted...Chris and Charlie are skiing for a few weeks---haven't you seen the daily videos from the slopes!

deangreenhoe
01-07-2009, 09:43 PM

I have. Chris has been crashing more than his website. :D

Ned
01-07-2009, 09:51 PM
I never claimed Chris was Olympic quality.:rolleyes:

I have. Chris has been crashing more than his website. :D

deangreenhoe
01-07-2009, 10:22 PM
I never claimed Chris was Olympic quality.:rolleyes:

And I would be the last to criticize his abilities on the slopes. Over the years I've left quite an impression (literally) on quite a few myself. That's why I gave up the downhill event in lieu of ski lodge drinking. One can't expect to be a medal contender in all of the events so I elected to focus on the one for which I seem to have a natural talent.

jfrenaye
01-22-2009, 06:27 AM
I thought they swapped servers to prevent the bandwidth issues. I was getting the same message a bunch yesterday anhd then today a new one:

Error establishing a database connection

Ned
01-22-2009, 07:22 AM
I wasn't on much yesterday and didn't get the error at all, but the server was to have been changed by yesterday morning. I don't know what to tell you.

I thought they swapped servers to prevent the bandwidth issues. I was getting the same message a bunch yesterday anhd then today a new one:

[/b]

jfrenaye
01-22-2009, 09:01 AM
Well the new admin had a blog post last week about the server change, I thought it might have been done.

Hey we all understand about the tech demons, but as you can attest, there is a certain level of addiction going on here. :)

Ned
01-22-2009, 01:00 PM
Chris sent me an email this afternoon which I wanted to pass along to all those reading our columns and blog posts at Tripso.

Our server is still migrating as of 12:30 p.m. due to unforeseen circumstances...I'd like to thank everyone who has persisted visiting Tripso during the time of trouble with the server, and especially thank those TT members who have been reading my column and been so positive with your comments to me.

If there is any particular subject about travel in general you'd like me to look into which falls in line with my point of view as a business person and traveler, or any travel photography issue about which you'd like me to write about, please feel free to PM me or send me an email at [email protected] at any time.

Thanks to everyone.

wrp96
02-02-2009, 09:33 AM
Is the main server down? I can't get onto the front page at all this morning.

Ned
02-02-2009, 11:09 AM
Yes it is down, and it's very frustrating.

Is the main server down? I can't get onto the front page at all this morning.

wrp96
02-02-2009, 11:29 AM
Yes it is down, and it's very frustrating.

Thanks Ned. I was missing it this morning and was sort of hoping it was just me instead of a Tripso problem.

Ned
02-02-2009, 11:45 AM
I am told we had to migrate to another server this morning and it's not yet complete. We were up around 8:30am ET this morning, but went down shortly after that. It must have been one heck of a problem to force a move to another server. We had done that late last month already.

I'll try to keep everyone informed about what's going on.

And of course as has been the case for a while, this being Monday, I'm the weekly column featured today. :rolleyes:

Loonbeam
02-02-2009, 12:03 PM
The website has been getting a lot of 'over CPU limit' notifications recently, which may have prompted the move.

Ned
02-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Since the move to the server from which they are now being moved, the CPU limit problem has not cropped up to the best of my knowledge. It was a very serious problem on the previous server.

The website has been getting a lot of 'over CPU limit' notifications recently, which may have prompted the move.

deangreenhoe
02-02-2009, 12:49 PM
Maybe they should invest in a server not made by Mattel? :D

wrp96
02-02-2009, 04:01 PM
Well it's back up but it looks like it's reverted to data from January 21st, at least that's the last updated info on the top entry.

Ned
02-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I got an email from our webmaster. Here's my understanding of the situation. To get rid of the problem with the cpu he moved us to a temporary server. Our new server came in and he's been bringing us over to it. To get the site up he put in Jan. 22nd, and is now bringing it up to date. By tomorrow morning it will be up to date with this mornings postings. Chris said we're going to show yesterday's articles tomorrow, then update in the blog, and on Wednesday there will be a new column. The columns aren't normally news dependent anyway, unlike the blog articles.

So take a look tomorrow morning and all should be well.

Let me know tomorrow in this thread if you run into problems.

Well it's back up but it looks like it's reverted to data from January 21st, at least that's the last updated info on the top entry.

wrp96
02-02-2009, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the updates Ned. I'll let you know if I can't get my Tripso fix tomorrow.

AaronK
02-02-2009, 06:55 PM
Ned, makes me glad I don't run a major site like this.....

Ned
02-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Aaron, my company is the webmaster for five major ecommerce sites. Every once in a while the problems are murder. We had a problem on one site a couple of weeks ago where we had to take down the site for several hours. We were under attack and by taking the site down, we were able to make other network changes which enabled us to thwart the attack and successfully bring the site back up with no continued problems.

Ned, makes me glad I don't run a major site like this.....

jfrenaye
02-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Aaron, my company is the webmaster for five major ecommerce sites. Every once in a while the problems are murder. We had a problem on one site a couple of weeks ago where we had to take down the site for several hours. We were under attack and by taking the site down, we were able to make other network changes which enabled us to thwart the attack and successfully bring the site back up with no continued problems.

This ad brought to you by NSL Associates. For more information on hosting, please contact....

AaronK
02-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Ned, I always appreciate the way webmasters do their job, I'm just glad its not my job.

Ned
02-03-2009, 08:19 AM
I'm happy to report that Tripso is back up and running. It's now fully up to date. We're on the new server.

We're running yesterday's column, and blog articles. I wouldn't be surprised that new blog articles are added later today.

Tomorrow we'll be back to new articles and blog pieces each weekday.

Please let us know if you have a problem.

wrp96
02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
No problems. Glad to see my Tripso back. I missed it!

Ned
02-15-2009, 04:28 PM
Before you all ask, yes we did have a brief server problem today, but everything is fine and no posts were lost.

deangreenhoe
02-26-2009, 10:33 AM
Just thought I'd report to (or have it forwarded to) anyone who handles the site, I'm getting this at the top of the pages, under the logo, today:

Server Error in '/HDSB' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.]
System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProv ider provider, String format, Object[] args) +2902441
System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[] args) +91
System.String.Format(String format, Object arg0, Object arg1) +59
AdReferral.TResult.GetUrl(String mappedArea, String bannerType) +62
AdReferral.TResult.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +488
System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller (IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +15
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Cal lback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +33
System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Kairho
02-26-2009, 10:51 AM
I got that once but it looked to be coming from the advertising, not the TT server.

Related note: has anyone else been having trouble getting TT to load the past few days? Up and down, up and down it seems.

NW CTC
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
...Related note: has anyone else been having trouble getting TT to load the past few days? Up and down, up and down it seems.

I've run into that recently; I think it was last week and again this Tuesday, if I remember correctly.

deangreenhoe
02-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Related note: has anyone else been having trouble getting TT to load the past few days? Up and down, up and down it seems.

Yup, quite frequently. I'm just getting used to it. Sometimes TT is here, sometimes it's not.

Annette
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
Apparently we're still having issues with the server. Yes, they're aware of it and yes they're trying to get it dealt with. From what I can tell every time they think they have it solved some issue creeps up. No one's happy about it, but they are paying attention to it and trying to fix it.

Gesualdo
02-26-2009, 07:57 PM
I got that once but it looked to be coming from the advertising, not the TT server.

I run into this frequently, usually just when I hit the "post comment" button. Only about half of my comments lately are making it online because if I run into that, I don't try to post again. By the time it comes back up, the thought is gone and/or I have moved on.

deangreenhoe
02-26-2009, 09:12 PM
I run into this frequently, usually just when I hit the "post comment" button. Only about half of my comments lately are making it online because if I run into that, I don't try to post again. By the time it comes back up, the thought is gone and/or I have moved on.

I learned my lesson about that ordeal on this forum. I always "select all" then hit "copy" after I type a post, and only then do I click on "submit reply." If the bugs are in the system for an extended period of time I just park the post on a clipboard until it starts working then try again.

I'd be interested to know why Tripso/TT has been consistently funky for months (or more) now. I've never witnessed such a plague of problems on any forum like this one. Often times posting here is like trying to drive a vintage, recalled Ford Pinto. :rolleyes:

jfrenaye
02-27-2009, 05:18 AM
If someone is looking into problems (and I have never experienced the lost post syndrome) I vote for fixing the QUICK REPLY. That is such a great handy tool and it hasn't worked here in a LONG time.

Annette
02-27-2009, 05:36 AM
Okay that's all very strange because unless I'm quoting someone I always use QuickReply and I haven't had a problem with it for about a hear. I've also never had the other problems with posting messages or the strange error at the top.

The only problem I've been having is the network errors from time to time.

Kairho
02-27-2009, 06:54 AM
What's wrong with Quick Reply? It seems to have been replying quickly for ages.

jfrenaye
02-27-2009, 06:55 AM
testing123

jfrenaye
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Well apparently it IS working. Before, one of the symptoms of it not working was when I clicked QUICK REPLY the reply box shrunk and then the system just hung up.

This is the only forum where the box shrinks. And it still does, but apparently this is no longer an issue. I think Ned has experienced it as well, and I just conditioned myself to use the POST REPLY button and not the QUICK REPLY.

Nevermind!

deangreenhoe
02-27-2009, 07:22 AM
Half of the smiley icons are still gone, though. That was never fixed. It would probably be forgotten if the orphaned links weren't still riding there in the box with the dreaded red "X" squares making the reply page look a bit messy.

jfrenaye
02-27-2009, 12:31 PM
Smilies---pfft! Who cares! I hate those damned things!

deangreenhoe
02-27-2009, 12:36 PM

So you've said, 16,932 times. :p

I'm just sayin', if they don't work, get rid of the corpses.

Gesualdo
02-27-2009, 06:54 PM
I learned my lesson about that ordeal on this forum. I always "select all" then hit "copy" after I type a post, and only then do I click on "submit reply." If the bugs are in the system for an extended period of time I just park the post on a clipboard until it starts working then try again.

I'd be interested to know why Tripso/TT has been consistently funky for months (or more) now. I've never witnessed such a plague of problems on any forum like this one. Often times posting here is like trying to drive a vintage, recalled Ford Pinto.

Ditto! And I learned the same lesson long ago. I'm just sayin' if I can't hit the back button and try it again right away, I'm done. I'm not waiting around for it to come back up.

So you've said, 16,932 times.

Corpses! http://www.cruiselinefans.com/images/smilies/lol.gif

There are so many things I wish would work better, or just work at all. And Frenaye...you can look at my smilies and like 'em. http://www.cruiselinefans.com/images/smilies/brick.gif

Too bad I have to borrow them from another forum.

weblet
02-28-2009, 07:21 AM

So you've said, 16,932 times. :p

I think it's 16,933. I've been counting.

I'm not the only one who has corpses?