View Full Version : Dody Goodman Has Passed

John225
06-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Dody Goodman, stage and TV comedian, dies
Actress made mark on ‘Tonight Show,’ had role in ‘Grease’ films

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25333679/

tdew
06-23-2008, 03:11 PM
I knew I knew the name, but not from The Tonight Show or Grease. It was from her part on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.

Ned
06-23-2008, 03:34 PM
Terry, I think most people if they were around in the '70s know her from Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. That was a crazy show and so much fun, and she was great as Louise Lasser's mom on the show.

She really made her mark as a song and dance personality on the stage in the '40s and '50s. My 92 year dad is a fan.

One of the parts I really like her in was as Mrs. Litke, Marsha Mason's and Matthew Broderick's neighbor in the little known but wonderful film, Max Dugan Returns. Jason Robards played the title character, Max Dugan, Marsha Mason's long lost father fleeing from the mob, and is priceless in the role. Donald Sutherland plays the detective boyfriend of Mason, and is absolutely marvelous in this wonderful comedy. This is a great cast and I can't forget that the incredible Broadway icon, Neil Simon wrote the script. It's one of his tightest scripts with great back and forth banter. Herb Ross (My Blue Heaven, Steel Magnolias, Footloose, California Suite, The Goodbye Girl, The Turning Point, The Sunshine Boys, Funny Lady, The Last of Sheila, The Owl and the Pu$$ycat, and others) directed it.

In my opinion, this flick is a real gem, and worth the rental or purchase. It's in my DVD library.

I knew I knew the name, but not from The Tonight Show or Grease. It was from her part on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman.