PDA

View Full Version : I'm so glad these people aren't in travel

Annette
09-07-2005, 05:44 PM
While surfing for aquarium supplies I came across the following website. I was a little surprised to see a few things on the map of Canada that I hadn't expected to find there.

http://www.bigalscanada.com/store_location...re_location.htm (http://www.bigalscanada.com/store_locations/mainmaps/store_location.htm)

I found 6 errors - any else find more?

Gigs
09-09-2005, 11:03 AM
You mean besides that an aquarium supply store has a picture of a hammerhead? I want to see that aquarium!

Oh yeah and there are lot of spelling mistakes. But, that's what Canada is all aboot! ;)

Annette
09-09-2005, 11:12 AM
Well apparently Alabama and Massachetts are part of Canada now, according to the map. Or they've just simply renamed 2 of the provinces. And "QU" isn't an abbreviation for anything.

Oh, and those are provinces they're showing, not territories. We do have a territory but they don't have any stores there.

And they've moved the capital of Manitoba to the opposite end of the province. Aren't we cold enough as it is?? I see they've also relocated Montreal, Calgary is where Edmonton actually is and Edmonton also has been pushed into the frozen north. Actually it looks like they haven't really made any attempt to get the cities in the correct locations, they just plopped a dot somewhere on the map for each store.

As far as spelling mistakes go - "Calgary" really isn't all that difficult to spell correctly!

Gigs
09-09-2005, 11:47 AM
I see they've also relocated Montreal, Calgary is where Edmonton actually is and Edmonton also has been pushed into the frozen north.

I thought it was all "The Great White North".

"What matters most in life, eh? Beer, donuts and hockey, eh" - Strange Brew, 1983.

missalf
09-09-2005, 12:37 PM
Perhaps the Webmaster had a bit too much Labatt Blue while creating his graphics? And if English isn't his first language, those translation programs can make for some verrrry interesting oopsies!

chinchilla
09-11-2005, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Annette@Sep 9 2005, 09:12 AM
Well apparently Alabama and Massachetts are part of Canada now, according to the map.
:lol: That's too funny! Why they'd want that particular combination of states is an interesting question. ;)

missalf
09-11-2005, 10:27 AM
If they're looking for US states to ship to Canada, I can give a couple of suggestions! :P

stephen_s
09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Now that I think about it, I've never seen any stores in Canada with a name like Big anything (except for this one) :D and I used to live in Victoria, BC.