PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecake

tiredtravelagent2
04-05-2008, 02:22 AM
Does anyone have a recipe for a "whipped" cheesecake?

Could someone please tell me what the difference is between "cheesecake" and "whipped cheesecake"?!! On this I am lost and stumped. :confused:

tdew
04-05-2008, 09:48 AM
In my mind there are two different kinds of cheesecake.
One is airy and you can sort of hear the bubbles breaking as you put your fork through it.
The other is dense and almost like cream cheese.
Both are good!
I'd think the whipped cheesecake would be the airy one, but can't say I've ever heard it called that.

deangreenhoe
04-05-2008, 10:14 AM
First a hint: I wouldn't recommend Googling "whipped cheesecake" with safe search turned off. :lol:

I get the impression it's just a recipe by which one folds the ingredients, including the cream cheese, in with a whipped topping product and refrigerates it rather than baking it.

Doesn't Jell-o make a boxed product like that?

wrp96
04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
First a hint: I wouldn't recommend Googling "whipped cheesecake" with safe search turned off. :lol:

Do you speak from experience on this?:eek:

tiredtravelagent2
04-05-2008, 09:42 PM
:lol: thanks for the warning Deano. Jello does make a boxed version I think?!! However, I would like to try to make one from scratch. And I was thinking there were 2 different kinds of cheesecake as well, thick and dense (which I do not like) and then a light and airy version (whipped I think).