PDA

View Full Version : Zihuatanejo, Mexico Hotels?

snowfoot
03-29-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi,

Any suggestions on hotels or resorts in Zihuatanejo? There are so many to choose from. I'd rather go with someone's personal experience.

Thank you in advance.

--Tracey

BlissHoneymoons
03-29-2008, 06:12 AM
The Tides is the best!

jpstacy2001
03-29-2008, 07:27 AM
I would recommend the Dorado Pacifico Hotel. Good location on the beach, great pool area, shopping and golf nearby plus if your into sportsfishing its a good base. Have a good trip.

John

deangreenhoe
03-29-2008, 08:08 AM
The Tides is the best!

Agree 100%. I booked that property exclusively for Zihua when it was Villas del Sol. Clients returned home "glowing" and tended to repeat.

Linder
03-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I loved Las Brisas! It's built into the hillside, and every room has a huge balcony complete with a hammock. The beach is very nice, and there are cliffs at either end, so the only way to get on the beach is to go through the hotel, making it very private.

jjjenny
03-31-2008, 04:41 PM
I would recommend the Dorado Pacifico Hotel. Good location on the beach, great pool area, shopping and golf nearby plus if your into sportsfishing its a good base. Have a good trip.

John

Thanks John. I was just looking up hotels for a small group that enjoys golf and fishing and had looked at the Dorado Pacifico. They are going in December and the hotel if having a special where they get one free night.

NW CTC
04-01-2008, 11:33 AM
Tracey, what sort of experience are you looking for? Will there be children traveling with you or is this a honeymoon/romantic getaway? How do you envision spending your time in Zijuat?

All of us on this board may have our personal favorites - and love to discuss them, obviously:), but the best hotel for me may not meet your particular needs and dreams. Additional details might help us help you make a more informed and compatible choice. Thanks!

snowfoot
04-14-2008, 01:41 AM
Hi-

Thanks for all the tips. That gives me a good mix to choose from.

The experience I'm looking for is mostly romantic getaway... with plenty of cultural experiences. I'm tired of the usual touristy places in Mexico and really fell in love with Zihua. I'm also in search of good menudo! :lol: