PDA

View Full Version : Top Vegas Buffets?

GREGGWELPE
01-23-2008, 07:16 PM
My Mom is headed to Vegas for the Red Hatters Convention at Harrahs this weekend and will only have a couple of meals included. So what buffets nearby or off of the Monorail can I recommend to her and her Red Hat Ladies? Thanks for your picks......

Annette
01-23-2008, 07:24 PM
Depends on what they're looking for. The buffet at the Aladdin was incredible, I'm not sure what the quality is like now that it's Planet Hollywood. The Monte Carlo has a decent buffet, don't expect super but it's good and it's a decent price. The Luxor is also a good buffet.

Do NOT eat at the Circus Circus, or the Imperial Palace buffets!

Ned
01-23-2008, 08:27 PM
I concur with Annette, with regard to what I've tried, and what friends have told me. The last time in Vegas, our group decided they wanted to try a buffet. I usually don't like them, but we went with the group to Luxor and thought it pretty good. The next night, some still hungry for a buffet went to Circus Circus and came back saying it was awful. After they left Circus Circus they went to a steakhouse (I don't remember which one.) for what they said was a real meal.

So Annette's right. Luxor would be fine, but more important, absolutely stay away from Circus Circus.

deangreenhoe
01-23-2008, 08:53 PM
I'm not much of a buffet person either, but I'll make an exception for the Carnival Buffet at Rio. They have a number of regional cuisine stations - some items even cooked to order. It's groovy.

They also have an additional buffet that's all seafood that's pretty darned good as well.

It's not on a monorail stop, but I think in the category of "worth the trip."

Quite a bit more expensive, but you can't go wrong with the buffets at The Mirage or Bellagio.

For the price and location (on a monorail stop) I'd pick Harrah's as a good bet as well. Harrah's always has decent food, and the buffet is no exception, also with regional food stations and some items cooked to order. I did that one with my niece this summer. I was surprised at how much it didn't suck. They even had a pretty good Peking (style) duck in the Asian section. :)

tdew
01-23-2008, 09:11 PM
I liked the Bellagio and Paris too.

Annette
01-23-2008, 10:02 PM
Paris is a great breakfast buffet. Bellagio is okay, but to be honest if the quality at the now Planet Hollywood is the same as it used to be then you'll get as good a buffet there for a lower price. If you really want things like kobe beef and venison goat cheese pizza the Bellagio is a great choice. And their desserts are hard to beat.

A tip for anyone handicapped, if you're not using your placard for your car then take it with you and head to the VIP line at the buffet, they'll usually seat you right away.

ozzy
01-23-2008, 10:20 PM
For variety I like the MGM.

I wasn't overly thrilled with the Excalibur buffet.

Mandalay Bay as crab legs as big as your arm.

TPARick
01-24-2008, 07:42 AM
I like MGM and TI. MGM lines can be very long at times.

GREGGWELPE
01-24-2008, 03:32 PM
I can concur about the Rio's buffets, especially the Village Seafood Buffet which I loved for the whole 2 hours I was there with a buddy of mine, we don't get seafood like that in Dallas, so we made the most of the crab legs, claws and lobster tails! We should be huge for what we ate, but both of us are skinny as beanpoles! I also checked and Harrah's is still operating their shuttle to the Rio every 30 minutes!!! So I am going to recommend the Red Hat Ladies take that if they want seafood and also recommend the Cravings Buffet at the Mirage just across from Harrah's, as well as, Harrah's new Fresh Market Buffet. Sure wish I was going, I'd head over to Rio and put on my lobster bib......^_^

mercwyn
01-24-2008, 03:39 PM
I can tell I've been looking at my computer too long today, at first I thought it said "Top Vegan Buffets". :lol:

mtp51
01-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I can tell I've been looking at my computer too long today, at first I thought it said "Top Vegan Buffets". :lol:

I can relate! Go check out the "Eagles Fans" thread.

BobbyLobby
03-04-2008, 06:00 PM
Well I know his mom already went to Vegas, but I want to chime in and say the best buffet I've been to is the one at The Mirage. The selection is so varied and all of the food is very fresh and not "plain" like most buffet choices. I remember being full, but all the food was so delicious (everything I put on my plates) that I kept forking it all in. LOL

The buffet at Bellagio is good too, but I still prefer the one at The Mirage.