PDA

View Full Version : In An Instant, Lee & Bob Woodruff

deangreenhoe
10-08-2007, 10:36 AM
It's the story of the tragic injuries and aftermath suffered by ABC news correspondent (and former anchor) Bob Woodruff during an attack while he was embedded with U.S. troops in Iraq.

I came to the novel as part of my reading about that region of the world (Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan) but it's more a well written love story and intimate portrait of the Woodruffs who have had a fascinating life together and their triumphs over terrible adversity and suffering following Bob's attack.

I found it quite inspiring with the benefit of learning quite a bit about contemporary world events from the Tienanmen Square protests to the current conflict in Iraq. It's an enjoyable read.

Ned
10-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I heard Lee and Bob Woodruff a while back on Terry Gross' "Fresh Air" (from WHYY in PHL each weekday) on NPR. They talked about the ordeal. His recovery is amazing, and Lee's grace during his slow recovery, and her support of Bob and the process is the stuff of legends. I read the book in one day. Amazing, absolutely amazing.