PDA

View Full Version : Ironic Widzer

EagleEye
09-08-2007, 01:08 PM
Our old friend Widzer is quoted on the front page of a special section in the Wall Street Journal sponsored by ASTA. Did he leave Tripso to become a shell for travel agents?

clarkef
09-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Funny Stuff

jfrenaye
09-08-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey Clark--welcome back...you been OK?

Eagle Eye--do you have a link?

TRichmond
09-08-2007, 01:16 PM
When was this published? I actually met with Mr. Widzer a couple of times to give him a better perspective on how the travel agency community works, the changes we have been through since the commission cuts and 9/11. We have corresponded by email also on travel agency issues and I would be interested in his article.

He will be writing for a another major website. His first article should be out later this month.

Quite honestly, if you read his book there are good things in there that could be used by travel agents. I know I am in the minority on this. Having met him though and having had some thourough conversations and reading his book, he truly is not against the travel agent.

Ned
09-08-2007, 01:21 PM
You really are an EagleEye. I completely missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

Welcome to Tripso EE.

Our old friend Widzer is quoted on the front page of a special section in the Wall Street Journal sponsored by ASTA. Did he leave Tripso to become a shell for travel agents?

Ned
09-08-2007, 01:29 PM
John, I looked and found no link. Normally they don't put the Special Advertising Sections online. This one is apparently no exception.

Very happy to see you back in the forums Clarke.

Hey Clark--welcome back...you been OK?

Eagle Eye--do you have a link?

clarkef
09-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks Guys, I have been on the road meeting with clients. I actually saw the section in today’s paper. It appears to be a supplement to the regular weekend edition.

NW CTC
09-08-2007, 06:33 PM
It's good to see you back, Clark - I was starting to be concerned. I hope your meetings were productive. J

susanliber
09-08-2007, 09:16 PM
Welcome back Clark - you have been missed!!!