PDA

View Full Version : Phils sweep Mets!

Ned
08-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Who knows how it's going to turn out at the end of the season, but it was sure nice to sweep the Mets at home this afternoon. Five days ago the Phils were 7 out, now it's down to 2.

Go Eagles.

jsamm7769
08-31-2007, 09:28 AM
Alright Ned, You honestly didn't think you could post this without hearing from me, did you?? Can you believe the two games this week?? Rowands "swinging bunt" (will it or won't it go foul? ok...lets just walk beside it and carefully watch as the Flyin Hawaiian zooms past us and scores) DUH!!!!!

And then the interference call with Marlon Andersen. Just two wacky games.

Not to mention Burrell getting the winning home run off of WAGS yesterday. Great games this week.

Hopefully we'll have a "fish fry" this weekend and keep heading in the right direction.

Ned
08-31-2007, 09:32 AM
The weekend Fish fry would be great, and if the Braves can take two out of three, even better.

Actually, I was waiting for your post.

Alright Ned, You honestly didn't think you could post this without hearing from me, did you?? Can you believe the two games this week?? Rowands "swinging bunt" (will it or won't it go foul? ok...lets just walk beside it and carefully watch as the Flyin Hawaiian zooms past us and scores) DUH!!!!!

And then the interference call with Marlon Andersen. Just two wacky games.

Not to mention Burrell getting the winning home run off of WAGS yesterday. Great games this week.

Hopefully we'll have a "fish fry" this weekend and keep heading in the right direction.

jsamm7769
08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
Ned,
I never did ask you...How was your trip to Citizens Bank Park this summer. I know it was your first gme there. Just wondered what you thought.

OK - just HAD to change my avatar..

Ned
08-31-2007, 10:10 AM
We had a great time. I used my DSLR in continuous shooting mode and got Ryan Howard hitting a homerun. Here's a photo of him watching it go out of the park.

It's a great place to watch a game, but I still want the current ownership to get out of town, and get a new ownership actually committed to winning the World Series. I fear we're going to lose Aaron Rowand at the end of the season, because of their penny pinching.

Ned,
I never did ask you...How was your trip to Citizens Bank Park this summer. I know it was your first gme there. Just wondered what you thought.

OK - just HAD to change my avatar..

jsamm7769
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
what a great picture. It's always nice to watch him hit one outta the park.
Keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunatley, we are heading for the mountains this weekend and will be unable to watch the fish fry this weekend. I had tickets for last nights Eagles game. Good thing I didn't go. I'd have been bored but thats a whole other story.

We had a great time. I used my DSLR in continuous shooting mode and got Ryan Howard hitting a homerun. Here's a photo of him watching it go out of the park.

It's a great place to watch a game, but I still want the current ownership to get out of town, and get a new ownership actually committed to winning the World Series. I fear we're going to lose Aaron Rowand at the end of the season, because of their penny pinching.

Ned
08-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Thanks. I don't go to preseason football games. They are a complete waste.

Have a great weekend in the mountains.

what a great picture. It's always nice to watch him hit one outta the park.
Keep your fingers crossed. Unfortunatley, we are heading for the mountains this weekend and will be unable to watch the fish fry this weekend. I had tickets for last nights Eagles game. Good thing I didn't go. I'd have been bored but thats a whole other story.