PDA

View Full Version : "Where have all the Leaders Gone"

Ned
04-13-2007, 10:14 PM
It looks like Lee Iacocca's new book, "Where have all the Leaders Gone" is a real corker. Here's an excerpt which is unreal. This man can really write and wait until you get a load of this. I certainly couldn't have said it better. How about Iacocca for President?

Am I the only guy in this country whoís fed up with whatís happening? Where the hell is our outrage? We should be screaming bloody murder. Weíve got a gang of clueless bozos steering our ship of state right over a cliff, weíve got corporate gangsters stealing us blind, and we canít even clean up after a hurricane much less build a hybrid car. But instead of getting mad, everyone sits around and nods their heads when the politicians say, ďStay the course.Ē

Stay the course? Youíve got to be kidding. This is America, not the damned Titanic. Iíll give you a sound bite: Throw the bums out!

You might think Iím getting senile, that Iíve gone off my rocker, and maybe I have. But someone has to speak up. I hardly recognize this country anymore. The President of the United States is given a free pass to ignore the Constitution, tap our phones, and lead us to war on a pack of lies. Congress responds to record deficits by passing a huge tax cut for the wealthy (thanks, but I donít need it). The most famous business leaders are not the innovators but the guys in handcuffs. While weíre fiddling in Iraq, the Middle East is burning and nobody seems to know what to do. And the press is waving pom-poms instead of asking hard questions. Thatís not the promise of America my parents and yours traveled across the ocean for. Iíve had enough. How about you?...

...Where are the voices of leaders who can inspire us to action and make us stand taller? What happened to the strong and resolute party of Lincoln? What happened to the courageous, populist party of FDR and Truman? There was a time in this country when the voices of great leaders lifted us up and made us want to do better. Where have all the leaders gone?[The book will be released on April 17, 2007]

Carchar
04-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Thanks, Ned. Barnes and Noble should slip you something for plugging the book. My hat's off to Mr. Iacocca. And he should put his in the ring...;)

mtp51
04-14-2007, 10:47 AM
And what he says is simple, basic common sense!! Go figure..
What a sad state of affairs...:mad:

trvlagt4u
04-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Maybe we should have listened to and elected Ross Perot. Wasn't he saying all the same things???? We have a sad history of history repeating itself. You'd think we learn... :-)

Ned
04-14-2007, 01:09 PM
Please TA, don't mention that name. He is a self-seeking opportunist. His platform included balancing the budget, but much of the rest would have enriched Perot and his cronies. He talked a good game and pulled the wool over a lot of good people. He was utterly ruthless in his business dealings and his business relationships with people.

Maybe we should have listened to and elected Ross Perot. Wasn't he saying all the same things???? We have a sad history of history repeating itself. You'd think we learn... :-)

pezmanffx
04-15-2007, 06:01 AM
Chrysler seems to have gone down the tubes since he left. I think I will go buy the book. I think I will enjoy reading it.