PDA

View Full Version : American Guarantee Fare

sar3000
07-19-2005, 08:59 AM
I found a web fare on the AA site, then went to Travelocity and the same flights are 15.00 less. Looks like I could get back a 50.00 travel voucher under the terms of the guarantee on the AA web site. However there is a statement that the sales terms need to be the same. Since the terms for the ticket are more than 1 page of fine print that I can not understand on both AA and travelocity does this mean that the terms are different and they will not match the fare.

Kairho
07-19-2005, 10:18 AM
I don't see anything in this which would indicate a scam. There are two different fares available to you, at two different prices. One will probably not match the other's fare. You need to balance the price difference against the level of customer service you require, as that level will differ between the two.

dee4j
07-19-2005, 07:13 PM
the question is:

IS IT WORTH THE HASSLE?

is the difference in cost really worth the time it is going to take to fill out the necessary forms? AA has done really well as far as allowing us (travel agents) to match competitors prices....and they match the rules (ie-if the competitors ticket is nonrefundable and no changes permitted, then AA ticket is going to follow the same rules)....but sometimes, the few dollars saved is not worth the inconvenience of having to do the work to get it.