PDA

View Full Version : Greys Anatomy Problems

jfrenaye
01-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Not sure if you all have heard, but Isiah Washington (Burke) apparently had a confrontation with the actor that plays George on the set and called him a faggot. This apparently made George feel that he needed to come out. Yes, he was gay.

Now at the Golden Globes, Washington denies he said it. Then when called on it says he loves gays, wishes he was gay, etc.

There are a lot of people calling for his head. He has issued an apology, ABC says they will deal with it.

What do you think they ought to do?

Ned
01-19-2007, 02:59 PM
I saw the program twice. I thought is was mediocre. Then can do anything they want.

I wish the poll had another choice; Program is mediocre, don't watch it.

deangreenhoe
01-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I voted "make his character gay," or better yet, a drag queen prostitute. (Insert snicker.)

I don't really care what they do either since the program is not on my radar screen. I suppose the way to put it in perspective is consider what they should do if another actor on the set called Washington a n****r...twice.

Maybe send them all to rehab with Michael Richards? I dunno. :rolleyes:

cole75
01-19-2007, 03:48 PM
I am a big fan of the show and really like the story line w/ Washington and Oh (Sandra), since they are a couple.
I hope that they do not fire him or make his character gay as it would ruin the story line for me.
Last nights show had me in tears (crying).. it was sad.
Just my $.02

Didn't Washington and Dempsey get into it over something else not too long ago?

tiredtravelagent2
01-19-2007, 04:38 PM
It never fails with the fast successful shows that conflict arises. Perhaps if all those actors/actresses would remember one thing: The show is not just about them. What would the show be if they took away absolutely every character and made the whole story line center around 1. It would bomb in a heartbeat, because it is the intricate relationship they all have with each other on the show that makes it so fun to watch. NOT what their personal lives are about!!!

Last nights show had me in tears (crying).. it was sad.

Yes I had a big box of tissues sitting in my lap
before it was all over. http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1123977/0BOOHOO.gif

jjjenny
01-19-2007, 04:41 PM
I don't are what they do,I don't watch the show either.

wrp96
01-19-2007, 05:54 PM
Didn't Washington and Dempsey get into it over something else not too long ago?

They got into it over previous homophobic remarks made by Washington about TK Knight

fraha
01-20-2007, 11:09 PM
I love the show and all the characters....the ensemble really makes it work.

It's just so sad in this day that so many people are still so homophobic, esp. in the entertainment industry. I say live and let live! As the one blonde actress said after the GG's "Washington should keep his mouth shut in public!" or something like that!

mtp51
01-21-2007, 02:18 PM
Personally, I am becoming bored with the show but I do love Sandra Oh.