PDA

View Full Version : John Wayne Movies

susanliber
07-17-2005, 07:28 AM
Two long lost John Wayne movies are on AMC this weekend. In both he is a pilot. Last night was "Island in the sky". If you ever thought John Wayne was not a real actor, you should see this one.

The other one - "The high and the mighty" premieres tonight.

The really interesting thing is to see how things have changed.....people smoking in the cockpit, no computers, uncharted mountains, limited radio signals......what hasn't changed is the way people react to troubles.

I was one who scoffed at John Wayne being a "real" actor - until I saw his last Western. "The Shootist"- with Ron Howard and Lauren Bacall......my favorite John Wayne movie. Now I watch his Westerns all the time when they are on. The war movies I don't care for - except for the Donavan's Reef.

Who has a favorite John Wayne movie?

missalf
07-17-2005, 06:48 PM
Oh, I just watched Rio Bravo again this weekend, with Dean Martin and Ricky Nelson..one of my favorites!

Last year I think it was Bravo was running laugh-in reruns, and one of them had John Wayne in a rabbit suit -- priceless! :lol:

susanliber
07-17-2005, 06:56 PM
North to Alaska was on too - a comedy - and Fabian was in it!!

I remember that Laugh In too....he def knew how to laugh at himself. He would have been in his 60's too for Laugh in -

jjjenny
07-18-2005, 11:04 AM
I used to love John Wayne movies but haven't seen one in ages.

dave
08-07-2005, 03:18 AM
Can anyone please tell me how to get John Waynes North to Alaska. Would very much appreciate it. Even if you could email the movie to me so I may download it please. Its for a friend who did me a big thing and now i wish to say thankyou. Please help. Anyone! I am at [email protected] :)